Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Bl**dy Painters
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:43 am 

Drives: 2007/57 Smart Fortwo
So they've been painting the underground car park for the last week. Have been putting cones in spaces they want free so they can paint the walls. My cars been in the same position all week and the other day they threw a dust cover over my car so they could paint a nearby wall.

I thought that was pretty reasonable of them, however there is a wall right next to my car that still needs to be painted. I thought ok, at worst they will leave a note on my windscreen to ask me to move it or just throw a dust cover over it. No big deal...

So today I checked my car for any damage then went for a drive as normal and returned to the same spot, ok my bad. I should have parked somewhere else in view of the fact they want to paint the nearby wall. Anyway after parking up looked round my car for any damage then went upstairs.

A couple of hours later I wanted to go to the convenience store and as usual checked on my car before leaving. This is when I saw a large streak of white paint on the front left side, it wasn't there hours earlier otherwise I would have noticed it.

So I went to the shop in a bit of a panic and returned home to try and do something about it. Went upstairs and prepared a bucket of hot water and shampoo. Took that down and luckily I was able to easily rub the white paint off. Phew!

This served as a major warning, so I moved my car elsewhere where I think they have already painted. I count myself lucky to have got away with this without any lasting damage.

Smart Radio 9
Panoramic Sunroof
Luggage Compartment Cover
Softouch Automatic Gear Programme
Bodypanels & Tridion Cell in Silver Metallic
15" Alloy Wheels

Post subject: Re: Bl**dy Painters
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:03 pm 

Drives: 2006 C1
Hi guessing they used whitewash type of stuff. Or it might not have come off so simply. They might just as well covered your complete car. Take care man