Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 7 years later and .....
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:55 am 

Drives: Black 5d C1 Code '09
.... I’ve upgraded my ‘09 C1 Code to a ‘16 C1 Flair Airscape 1.2

Loved my first bug, it never let me down over 60k miles of cheap grin making motoring with daily use. Had a new clutch, exhaust and brakes fitted and gave it to my daughter who learned to drive in it 5 years ago - she is very happy.

Looking around for a replacement car I tried all sorts and very nearly signed up for a BMW i3 - a very impressive bit of kit, but hard to justify the expense for our second car (we have a Cooper D Clubman as other car).

So, round in circles I went with all sorts of ideas, and then looked at the newer C1s, found a Flair with Airscape roof on a 16 plate, so still tax free, and couldn’t come up with a reason not to.....

One month and 1000 miles later and I love it as much as my old one. Lots of sensible improvements, the 1.2 engine makes a bigger difference than I expected, and the hole in the roof is very well executed.

It has also prompted me to return to this forum, an excellent resource!

Happy continuing bug owner ..... who expected that to happen ?

Last edited by C1_OCD on Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:36 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Nice one, as you say lots of sensible improvements on newer version, my Big Sis got a 108 last year and it been very good, we still got our 107 and it still a fun drive, we got 108 1.0, so let us know how you find the 1.2. Bet you been enjoying the airscape roof as well.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:20 pm 

Drives: Black 5d C1 Code '09
Steve107 wrote:
Nice one, as you say lots of sensible improvements on newer version, my Big Sis got a 108 last year and it been very good, we still got our 107 and it still a fun drive, we got 108 1.0, so let us know how you find the 1.2. Bet you been enjoying the airscape roof as well.

The plan is to open the roof all year round when it’s dry - be interesting to see if the heating can keep up in winter! The little wind deflector works really well at giving a calm headspace.

The small amount of extra power and torque from the 1.2 engine makes a disproportionately big difference to driving it. Gear selection and rev count difference makes for a more relaxed and “grown up” drive. The fun is still there in 2nd gear tho - on the country lanes keep it in the one gear and use it like a go kart - it rolls a lot more than the mini in Sport mode, but it grips surprisingly well and is no slouch! Being more sensible it also feels more comfortable and relaxed on the motorway, so a 200 mile trip to a work meeting is less tiring than it was in the old one, so I’ll not be grabbing the Mini keys quite so often!

£7,500 for a car with 8000 miles on the clock, serviced both years on the dot and a year of manufacturers warranty still to go - it would have been rude not to, and it’s all in shiny black again!

Scream if ya wanna go faster - the roof is open !