Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:51 pm
Posts: 52
Drives: Peugeot 107
Well bought a Peugeot 107 five years ago at one year old and it is now exactly six years old and I have covered exactly 40,000 miles. Great car, only issues have been suspension and tyres, but no clutch yet at 54,000 miles ( 14,000 when bought). Bought for 6088, probably 2700 as px now..but will keep running it.
Total costs
Petrol 3536 (60.25 to gallon /664 gallons)
Servicing 786
Parts plus fitting ( mainly tyres and suspension) 1700
Insurance/ breakdown 1497
Depreciation 3388
Total for five years £10907

27.2p a mile.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:21 pm 
Online
Full Member

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:02 pm
Posts: 385
Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Good to hear cheap motoring stories and also fault free motoring. From what you say you probably got the uprated clutch fitted, so more good news.

We had our 107 10 years this year, can't be as accurate as you, but all I do know is it has been fault free and very cheap to run regards tax/insurance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:51 pm
Posts: 52
Drives: Peugeot 107
Regarding parts and fitting ( £1700 in five years). I have been a bit over zealous with changing tyres. First set of fronts at 16k mileage, second set of fronts at 29k and a full set of four at 46k. Do a lot of rural driving which doesn't help, but change when still legal at 3 to 4 mm.

The rest mainly bushes re. suspension, also due to rough roads.

On the plus side get over 60 to the gallon. Now moving into the warmer months will get nearer 70 to 75 to the gallon. Just done 147 miles on the first bar and not lost the second bar at 250.

Big surprise is still on original exhaust and brakes hardly need attention.

Insurance has remained constant at £200 pa fully comp with about £90 Rac on top.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:46 am 
Offline
Full Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 7:29 pm
Posts: 499
Location: South Molton
Drives: 2008 Citroen C1 Code
stewart 64 wrote:
On the plus side get over 60 to the gallon. Now moving into the warmer months will get nearer 70 to 75 to the gallon. Just done 147 miles on the first bar and not lost the second bar at 250.

How do you get such high mpg?

I normally get at best 50mpg (even after moving from congested Hampshire to rural Devon) with the first bar going off at 90-100 miles and the second bar at around 150 miles.

_________________
2008 C1 Code 1.0 I3 petrol

2015 Skoda Octavia 1.4TSI Elegance estate


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:51 pm
Posts: 52
Drives: Peugeot 107
PetrolDave wrote:
stewart 64 wrote:
On the plus side get over 60 to the gallon. Now moving into the warmer months will get nearer 70 to 75 to the gallon. Just done 147 miles on the first bar and not lost the second bar at 250.

How do you get such high mpg?

I normally get at best 50mpg (even after moving from congested Hampshire to rural Devon) with the first bar going off at 90-100 miles and the second bar at around 150 miles.

I do a mix of urban routes at non busy times and minor rural routes. Forced to drive at 30 probably helps in the former and not exceeding about 55 in the latter. Always get up to fifth even at 30. Don't think they are as economical above 50 at which point you are forced to engage the gas pedal more fully.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:55 pm 
Offline
Full Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 4:19 pm
Posts: 4043
Drives: 2006 C1
In 5th. At 30mph ? I don’t do that at 50mph what sort of rpm do you drive at when doing 30 in 5th.

Get the feeling l’d be changing gear all the time. Maybe that’s the reason l will never get 60 to gallon equivalent.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:51 pm
Posts: 52
Drives: Peugeot 107
brixtonboy wrote:
In 5th. At 30mph ? I don’t do that at 50mph what sort of rpm do you drive at when doing 30 in 5th.

Get the feeling l’d be changing gear all the time. Maybe that’s the reason l will never get 60 to gallon equivalent.


I haven't got a rev counter, but I find on flat stretches the car will coast in fifth under its own momentum at 30 mph without much recourse to the gas pedal. Some may suggest I am labouring the gears, doesn't sound like it the engine is silent. Obviously any gradient back to 4th. Car's done 54k without new clutch, gear or engine issues. Same eith previous cars in 35 years motoring.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:50 am 
Offline
Full Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 7:29 pm
Posts: 499
Location: South Molton
Drives: 2008 Citroen C1 Code
stewart 64 wrote:
I do a mix of urban routes at non busy times and minor rural routes. Forced to drive at 30 probably helps in the former and not exceeding about 55 in the latter. Always get up to fifth even at 30. Don't think they are as economical above 50 at which point you are forced to engage the gas pedal more fully.

I do very little urban driving as I live in rural north Devon but lots of fast single carriageway doing 60 (real 60 on GPS not 60 on the optimistic speedo) and up & down lots of hills (which usually need a change down to fourth or even third) - that probably explains the big difference between your mpg figures and mine.

I agree about fifth gear at 30mph, so long as your sympathetic with the gas pedal it's quite happy, I just do a block change down to third when I need to accelerate.

_________________
2008 C1 Code 1.0 I3 petrol

2015 Skoda Octavia 1.4TSI Elegance estate


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:19 pm 
Offline
Full Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 4:19 pm
Posts: 4043
Drives: 2006 C1
stewart 64 wrote:
brixtonboy wrote:
In 5th. At 30mph ? I don’t do that at 50mph what sort of rpm do you drive at when doing 30 in 5th.

Get the feeling l’d be changing gear all the time. Maybe that’s the reason l will never get 60 to gallon equivalent.


I haven't got a rev counter, but I find on flat stretches the car will coast in fifth under its own momentum at 30 mph without much recourse to the gas pedal. Some may suggest I am labouring the gears, doesn't sound like it the engine is silent. Obviously any gradient back to 4th. Car's done 54k without new clutch, gear or engine issues. Same eith previous cars in 35 years motoring.


Driving back tonight quite roads took the flat route. At 50 KLM’s the revs were about 13/1400 in 5th.
The engine took it ok but it was gutless. Mine idles at 900. I just found out after all this time in Germany and the metric system that 70KLM’s doesn’t calculate to 50 mph what a plonker.
I’v been plodding along at 43 mph.
Your driving style might encourage me to get into 5th. More often but in town it’s just not worth the effort. My opinion only. By the way if l drove the hilly way back home it would be 3rd gear up and l guess to pass my test 3rd. Gear down but l go down in 5th. And brake a lot to clear the glaze.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:41 pm 
Offline
Full Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:37 pm
Posts: 2367
Location: Jersey
Drives: 2007/57 Smart Fortwo
My Smart car doesn't go into 5th unless above 40mph, this is in automatic mode. If I wanted 5th at 30mph I'd have to put it in manual mode. Last time I worked it out I got 53.8 mpg.

_________________
2007 Smart Fortwo Passion Coupe C451 Turbo 999cc 84bhp
Electric Windows
Air Conditioning
Smart Radio 9
Panoramic Sunroof
Luggage Compartment Cover
Softouch Automatic Gear Programme
Bodypanels & Tridion Cell in Silver Metallic
15" Alloy Wheels


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: red-squirrel and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group