Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:06 am 

Drives: peugot 107 urban2011
Hello there been a while since I have been on here and my account was under another old email address.

I purchased this little pug below just over a year ago , 2011 urban model i got it for 2,500 from a friend at 18,000 miles and well below the book price and full service history.

i only passed my test 18 months ago at the ripe old age of 54. The bug has served me well with never missing a beat all through the winter.
just recently i have been wondering whether to change for something else. the short list has been a fiesta , fiat 500 , mazda 2 , mini one , and even a mazda mx5.

i have budget of 5500 and have been undecided on a fiat 500 and sat in one at a dealer the other day and was impressed with all the bells and whistles and the look of it. But.....nothing compares in terms of cheap running and reliabilty of the bug.
I have been considering keeping the bug and sprucing it up a bit with a new head unit and sub in the boot that my electrician friend will sell me and help fit for 100. then a new gear knob and possibly a rev counter and other bits and pieces.
i do envy the refinment of other cars especially air con but i do love driving my bug and is so cheap to run.

one thing i am considering is putting in a K and M performance filter but not sure what the mpg would be like or whther there is a marked difference in performance.
i like the fiats but have been put off by the reliabilty and harsh ride, fiestas .....well a fiestas a fiesta i guess.
Descisions descisions hey ?

Attachments:
20170226_084500.jpg
20170226_084500.jpg [ 1.91 MiB | Viewed 1847 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:41 am 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
As you say alot of choice out there. Have you looked at the new Peugeot 108, C1s and Aygos, we have a 2008 107, and like yours it been spot on for the 10 years we owned it. Last year my sister was looking at replacing her very old fiesta. We were looking at late model 2012/2013 107s/C1s around £5k at dealers, but we got a 2014 Peugeot 108 in the end, got my sister to push her budget a bit, glad we did cos it very nice car. So another year on there should be some 108s, C1s(mk2), Aygos (Mk2) in your price range. Bit like previous generation of our cars, it came down to which 'exterior' looks my sister preferred and she liked the Peugeot 108 best.

Glad we did because the 108 is big improvement in lots ways over our 107, smoother ride, better interior, improved stereo, more safety kit, just more refined and sensible leccy windows operation! It does drive differently, it's gearing/ecu is aimed more at economy, as others have said and I agree the 107 is more 'fun' to drive. So definately have a test drive to see how it compares to your 107. We got the 1.0 toyota engine version 108, so engine and mechanicals very similar to our 107, which I preferred, not driven the 1.2 Puretech, others may have opinion on that, that engine seemed more popular in higher spec 108s, but we not fussed about alloys or keyless entry, so our Active trim got decent level of kit for what it is. Our 108 Active has aircon as standard, but our 107 Urban doesn't, in our 107 it doesn't really bother me for our '2 weeks' of summer, but it interesting how they both were/are 2nd tier cars in the range, but in the 7 years between them the game has moved on.

Funnily enough many years ago, we looked at new Fiat 500, before buying our 107, but found it bit claustrophobic in the back and prices were a bit more than 107. Also, my Mum found the 107 easier to drive and as she was coming from a very old Ford, the basic interior layout suited her more. Saying that a friend of ours has had a Fiat 500 from new, same age as our 107, 10 years old and that has been very reliable and she still likes it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:37 pm 

Drives: peugeot 107
its 50/50 as the new mot rules come out next mth aimed mainly at diesels there is a good chance diesel car prices will start to drop and older petrol car prices rise , so a possible winner looser situation on its way, the wifes 107 we was thinking of selling and going younger but will wait till end of the year and keep an eye on prices
Ron