Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 10 years and counting.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:46 am 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
In next few days we will be celebrating 10 years of Peugeot 107 ownership, just passed another MOT with flying colours, so thought I would shout about how great these ickle cars are, it has been a cheap, reliable and easy car to work on and fun to drive and use round town and further a field.

Preaching to the converted on here, but see so many around abouts now, the fever is spreading there are a mix 6 C1s, 107s, Aygo in my road and very nearby alone. Mainly see the older vintages, but new C1s, 108 and Aygos are slowly getting there.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:33 pm 

Drives: 2015 Citroen C1 Feel
Love these cars, I don't see myself getting anything else for a while.

My old C1 passed its MOT not long ago - No advisories. Its now hit 76,000 miles and is still going strong, we have had it in the family since 2005 and it hasn't had any major problems.

My current C1 just had its first MOT and also passed with no advisories

My partners 107 which we have owned for 2 years now has recently had an engine service and brake discs and pad change which I did myself for the first time it was relatively easy.

danemersuk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:19 pm 

Drives: peugeot 107
wifes 107 is in for an mot sat 11am will get them to check the front left area as she hit a bid pot hole last week its running straight
Ron

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:36 pm 

Drives: 107 Urban '09
Away to wash and service mine tomorrow, the lovely snow scuppered that for a few weeks. See them dotting about quite often now, and I've certainly got 0 intention of parting ways any time soon!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:35 pm 

another year on the 107 (mot) not faults at all just get the tracking checked after that pot hole
Ron

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:50 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
bugsb wrote:
another year on the 107 (mot) not faults at all just get the tracking checked after that pot hole
Ron

Nice one, I always get worried come MOT time, worse than doing my exams!, so good to hear yours passed ok.

Know what you mean about pot holes, many years ago I hit massive one in the dark car seemed ok, but few months later spotted a link rod broken. Annoyingly round here they spending £££s on fancy paths and junction changes, but the main road surfaces are cr*p.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:07 pm 

its a very good result on the 107 very happy i'm not getting under the car in this weather the mot guy pointed out 2 spots on the front subframe that are prone to rust so this summer i will de-rust it and waxoil the surface
next up is the x-type weds lets see what happens then

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:40 pm 

Drives: C1 VTR 2011, Grey
bugsb wrote:
its a very good result on the 107 very happy i'm not getting under the car in this weather the mot guy pointed out 2 spots on the front subframe that are prone to rust so this summer i will de-rust it and waxoil the surface
next up is the x-type weds lets see what happens then

Coincidentally I have done a little research into bug subframe rust and it seems to be a common MOT advisory with older cars. The reason I looked into it was because of a little "incident" I had with a kerbstone this Autumn - I ended up spending a very long time repairing a small scrape to the subframe (the car was off the road for a couple of months in total due to the weather... Humidity and temperature... not being suitable for painting! It should have been a couple of days at most!)

On my car, at least, the rust appears to start at the welds (presumably they were poorly prepared for painting?) and a little patina had already travelled under the paint too.

I stuck a small mirror under the car a week or two back and can see a couple of rusty stone chips and expect that to be the tip of the iceberg. Like you, I am planning on getting the car back up on ramps this summer for round two of the endless fight! I used chassis paint over primer (and overcoated this in shutz at the panel edges) but if I have to do the job again, I will take a different route and give this stuff a go http://www.rust.co.uk/em-121-epoxy-rust ... nt/c28117/

I would be very grateful if you could share the 2 spots you were warned about please. :)

Cheers,
R

Drives C1 VTR 2011

Used to drive C1 Vibe 2007