C1OC - CityBugClub - Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:15 pm 

Drives: Citroen C1 CTR 2013
Hi,
Just serviced my 2013 1.0 C1, as it 4 years old I thought I'd change the coolant as well. Took radiator cap off and header tank cap, then bottom rad hose off first to let water out, then removed the bolt from the bottom of the water pump. once the water stopped running, I refilled the car but it has only taken approx 3 litres, including topping up the header tank. I have tried squeezing the hoses to move any airlocks as well. I ran the car whilst doing this but it did not take much more water. The top hose and heater hoses get hot but the hose from the bottom of the radiator is a lot cooler (I know radiators are meant to cool the water but it feels almost ambient. I have taken the car for a short run, 2-3 miles.
Have I missed anything or done anything wrong?
Mark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:20 pm 

Drives: 2015 Citroen C1 Feel
Theres a good video guide on youtube from fix and drive that might help you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg6Cw6ZnwYU

danemersuk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:52 am 

Drives: Citroen C1 CTR 2013
Hi,

I watched that video and some others before starting, also have the Haynes manual. Car seems to run fine no warning light, the lower radiator hose did eventually get hot/warm, the header tank remains full, so I can only assume that there must have been some residual coolant lurking somewhere in the cooling system, will continue to monitor the water level a bit more regularly in case some air works its way out.

Regards

Mark