Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:27 pm 

Drives: C-1 57 & 11
Apols in advance as I haven’t been on here for years.

Am really old and can’t be asked to spend my life in front of this thing, anyway……

I’ve been driving c-1’s for the last 7 years plus. Had 2 works ones and 2 that I’ve owned. Apart from the rubbish clutch in the early model, for what it’s meant to do
It’s a superb car. 2x works cars, 75k did not miss a beat, fuel consumption brilliant etc etc ….
Anyway….Just bought a (year old) connexion which I love to bits. It’s got the telematics thing going on. I appreciate that I have to subscibe to this annually.
Which I obviously have no interest in.
I’m getting to the point.. honest….First question: I understand you have to “subscribe annually” to the service and how much is it? No 2: When I push the buttons they connect? Which makes me think is the previouse owners
Annual subscription still in force?
Final question: Am I actually being tracked around the world if I’m not paying the fee? Not really bothered as it sits in the drive all week, but just curious?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:12 pm 

Drives: C1 1.2 Flair 2015
I had no idea what it was until i asked google. It's an interesting bit of kit!

Maybe the subscription takes time to switch off, especially over xmas holidays.

Citroen C1 Connexion (UK) review: http://youtu.be/9MRi_zP8M9M

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:43 pm 
Moderator & Club Rep

Drives: DS3r Loeb Replica
Despite my many years with these cars and working on them, I have never seen that system either if I'm honest, best give citroen UK a call to see if its included with the car or you need to pay for it. Unless you have signed a contract for it. I would continue to use it until they say you need to pay.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:22 pm 

Thanks for your replies.
Just to make myself clear. I bought the connextion because I liked the look of the car and thro previous ownership of
c-1's. Its ideal car....no tax, no cam belt, sits in drive most of year do to works car etc blah blah.
My point being....The little black box "above the mirror" is "telematics" and the little thing on the dash intrigues me?
I think what I'm trying to say: does anybody out there pay for "telematics" good ole google tells me it's for
young drivers to get insurance down?
Did ring it up, so it is live
Are you....paying for this? how much is it? And does it work?
Me being old daren't even look at the thing but curious to know ?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:57 am 
Moderator & Club Rep

Drives: DS3r Loeb Replica
foxonefive wrote:
Thanks for your replies.
Just to make myself clear. I bought the connextion because I liked the look of the car and thro previous ownership of
c-1's. Its ideal car....no tax, no cam belt, sits in drive most of year do to works car etc blah blah.
My point being....The little black box "above the mirror" is "telematics" and the little thing on the dash intrigues me?
I think what I'm trying to say: does anybody out there pay for "telematics" good ole google tells me it's for
young drivers to get insurance down?
Did ring it up, so it is live
Are you....paying for this? how much is it? And does it work?
Me being old daren't even look at the thing but curious to know ?

I think you've miss understood what it is. It's a satnav without the screen, it tell you the directions to where you want to go. Out in the states they have a very similar system call onstar. if you have a watch of the helpful video about it will explain all.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:30 pm 

Having watched that video where you have to contact a live operator for directions to be added to the device, I would rather stick with our 5" screen tomtom satnav unit and just punch in the address :D

Another interesting point by the reviewer on the video was the 'blown sound' of the exhaust.

They all do it, from the early model C1 that I had in 2006, to my wifes facelift C1 which is an 62, to my Sisters 60 Aygo :D

It is to do with the lack of baffle plates in the backbox, and the earlier ones had bad welds which held the baffle plates. In fact I had to push a stick up mine (oh errrh!) to bend the last baffle plate which was rattling when accelerating. It was a common problem at the time (loose baffle plates).

Yes, the backbox is not the best made and can be noisy under pressure of acceleration. Maybe another make of exhaust is quieter than the factory version?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:18 pm 

Yeah, I've watched the video and likewise "what's the point" compared to a Tomtom.

My intrigue is with the monthly cost/subscription and how much if any? it will save young drivers

Would be interested to hear from anyone who is paying it.

Check out link below which should make my point clearer. Cheers

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/c/news/ ... g/0017203/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:26 pm 

Drives: 2008 Citroen C1 Code
Might help to know which country you are in, and where you need your SUV moving from and to.

Sadly missed - 2006 Audi RS4 Avant