Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:27 pm 

Drives: C1 VTR+ 2013
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say thanks for all your advice and encouragement. Yesterday I drove to a relatives who lives in the next street 3 mins away. I was so scared my leg was shaking! And I somehow knocked the dipped beam off when I was indicating!

Today I visited a friend who lives about 5 minutes away. (Still have 2 roundabouts to get through). Was too scared to turn in the road as it is quite a busy road so I went round the side streets so I could turn around and emerge right.

I parked on my drive wonky when I got home so I reversed and went round the corner and drove back in (too scared to try to reverse onto it).

Still very anxious but I am also really excited for next week. Going to go out Wed morn at 6am to practice getting even more used to the clutch as I’m still revving a bit too much. Maybe after a few weeks I will attempt hill starts :shock:

Fingers crossed this time next week I’ll feel a lot more confident!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:32 am 

Drives: 2008 Citroen C1 Code
Excellent progress, stay positive and you'll start to enjoy driving your C1.

Sadly missed - 2006 Audi RS4 Avant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:12 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
That's it, your getting there, sounds like your more excited than anxious, so that is a good thing. If your worried about over-revving, see you have VTR+, so hopefully you have rev counter, which very helpful with quieter modern cars. When I was learning my first car was so noisy I thought the engine was about to explode and that was with the radio on!

Although you are getting out and about, just beware that too many short journeys is not good for any car, as it doesn't get fully up to temperature and battery wont fully re-charge, especially at this time of year's colder weather.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:22 pm 

Steve107 wrote:
That's it, your getting there, sounds like your more excited than anxious, so that is a good thing. If your worried about over-revving, see you have VTR+, so hopefully you have rev counter, which very helpful with quieter modern cars. When I was learning my first car was so noisy I thought the engine was about to explode and that was with the radio on!

Although you are getting out and about, just beware that too many short journeys is not good for any car, as it doesn't get fully up to temperature and battery wont fully re-charge, especially at this time of year's colder weather.

I wish I could get out more but I’m too scared to go out in the day when my son is at school and when he is at home I can’t get out later or early because he is at home and won’t get up as early as I want to get out of the house if that makes sense! But thanks for the tip, I didn’t think of that. Hopefully I’ll be able to get a morning alone when I can get to the car park and practice driving round the roads I know, which will hopefully give me the confidence for longer journeys!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:23 pm 

PetrolDave wrote:
Excellent progress, stay positive and you'll start to enjoy driving your C1.

Thank you! I feel so lame, but slowly working on my confidence. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:36 pm 

Drives: peugeot 107
i wouldn't worry to much about over revving when my mrs got a c1 i had to get used to it and at first revved a little high and thats from 45 years of driving all different types of cars/vans, the c1 just seems to want to rev it wont take long to get used to it the more you drive the more confident you will get, in a short while you will wonder what all the fuss was about