Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:12 pm 

Drives: Red C1 VTR 5D (2013)
I've got a new 5 door Feel on order with Serenity and Automatic packs added.

Serenity has the reversing camera (which is why I went for it) and speed limiter.

On the test-drive I jokingly mentioned that the only thing it didn't have which would have been nice was cruise control.

The salesman said he thought they all had cruise control and pointed to the controls on the stalk.

After the test drive he tried to check but never came up with a really definitive answer except maybe "speed limiter" is what citroen call cruise control.

Searching the internet doesn't really come up with a definitive answer and the 108 owners manual which I found online is pretty ambiguous as well.

I think what I'm getting is a device that stops you exceeding a pre-set speed limit and not an actual "foot off the throttle" cruise control which would be nice on the occasional long trip.

I think the only way to get a definitive answer is to ask someone (on here) who actually has one.

The salesman's product knowledge seems a little lacking - mind you this is the same dealership that when I was buying my first bug a couple of years ago used a 108 with balloons tied to the top for the test drive - about half way round the loud banging on the roof stopped and I looked at the salesman and said "I guess we lost the balloons then" :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:56 pm 

Drives: 2006 C1
You gotta feel a little sorry for some of these guys some of some the time. I hate main dealers.

But questions, questions does this come with that and can I that in red to match my cats eyes, why does my mobile not talk to my system. Don't think my cruise control works properly. I only get 27 mpg is that normal.
No kidding I think I would go nuts and then the big boss asks how many cars have you sold today:) I would strangle him

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:03 am 

Drives: C! Airscape Flair 1.
Most models in the Citroen range come with speed limiter and cruise control - so is a bit odd that the C1 only has speed limiter. However to be honest Cruise control is pretty useless on busy UK roads whereas the speed limiter is a brilliant way of keeping within the law!
Regarding salesmen - the only answer is to read the brochure carefully and help educate them!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:02 am 

Drives: 108 Top! Allure 1.2
Yeah its a speed limiter you set it and once you get to that speed it stops accelerating I have it in my 108 pretty useful for average speed camera zones

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:53 am 

Drives: Red C1 VTR 5D (2013)
Thanks for the replies - I'm happy :)

I can see the speed limiter can be very useful - cruise would be nice but it's not a "must have".

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:16 am 

Drives: 2009 Mazda MX-5
My wife's car has cruise control (as did its predecessor). I find I use it pretty much every time I drive the car - even for just a short part of the journey. I find it really helps fuel consumption.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:41 pm 

Drives: 2009 C1 Splash
I've got both on my other car. I do a lot of motorway miles so cruise gets used extensively, especially late at night. The speed limiter is a god-send for average-speed-camera zones, as mentioned elsewhere. Not sure if this is true of the bug but I can override the limiter by pushing the accelerator all the way to the floor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:33 pm 

Drives: 2006 C1
He I go again can't be bothered to read google for facts I want to from people. You set cruise at 70 mph on motorway suddenly do you not feel a little out of control, I did that's why I'm not sure about it, I like to have the pedal feel if know what I mean.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:09 pm 

Drives: 108 Top! Allure 1.2
Gooders_uk wrote:
Not sure if this is true of the bug but I can override the limiter by pushing the accelerator all the way to the floor.

Yep same on my 108 :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:32 am 

Drives: 2009 Corsa SRI 1.6T
Mackellar wrote:
Gooders_uk wrote:
Not sure if this is true of the bug but I can override the limiter by pushing the accelerator all the way to the floor.

Yep same on my 108 :lol:

Might be a feature, needing to suddenly avoid something by speeding up.