Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:40 pm 

Drives: C1 2014 Flair
Hi All,

I have a new Citroen C1 Flair and an iPhone 5s, the following page that appeared after I bought mine http://www.citroen.co.uk/about-citroen/technology/mirror-screen states the head-unit is not iPhone 5s compatible. However, I have spoken to Pioneer who have confirmed by email an update has been released to Citroen to provide this compatibility. Dealership are saying they know nothing of this and I have forwarded them the email and they say they have raised this with Citroen a couple of weeks ago. My question is this, is anybody else having this problem or more importantly, has anybody got it working with a 5 or 5s?

To confirm the phone connects by bluetooth for music and phone but message option doesn't work, nor does mirror screen/app in car when connected by USB, extra problem and probably related to the compatibility is dealership are saying I need a Y cable like follows http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-New-C1-Iphone-4-4S-Connection-Cable-Mirror-Screen-New-Genuine-1612592980-/141356542605?_trksid=p2054897.l4275 but they don't have them with lightning connection and I should find my own and claim the money back, anybody any ideas where I can get one? I told the dealership to try harder but don't want to wait forever.

Thanks in advance for any help

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:45 pm 
Area Rep

Drives: Citroën C1
I don't think you will find the answer here unfortunately

We only have like 5 members with a new bug.

But, sombody might have an idea

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:56 pm 

Drives: C1 VTR 2013
Totally lost on me. Cars are for driving, phones are for talking on, why mix the two?

I think I will get a new C1 at the end of my lease but the whole mirror thing is lost on me, what use would it be?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:10 pm 

The use is you get your music all from one place, small thing i know but you only have to organise one library and every thing is there when i want it instead of picking CD's, which isn't an option as I think only the touch model comes with CD and that may not even come with it, and handsfree phone is very useful for me, I spend a couple of hours a day in the car and means i can get a lot done on the move, i'd love a couple of hours of peace in the car every day :D but then I've gotta find the time to phone the dealership about my stereo or the insurance company for a new quote when i get home and could be doing something useful like cutting the grass.

The mirror stuff advantage is obvious if you have a sat nav and have ever looked at the cost of updating maps etc, the mirror stuff does a few things but i want it because the C1 doesn't have sat nav, it mirrors it from your phone meaning its free and always up-to-date, I have a friend with a car with built-in sat-nav and update is over £200

Besides, it's fitted, even if i never use it it should work

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:19 pm 

Also, I would fully recommend them, lots of aids for little money, a lovely comfy car to drive. I cannot fault it in anyway other than the stereo issues I've listed here. I would maybe recommend a look at the 1.2 engine as the 1 is a bit slow to get going in first but tbf nothing you cant live with and quite happy once you get up the gears. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again if I had too. For anyone doing journeys of reasonable length Citroen do an arm rest that is available on there accessories website or mentioned in other areas on this forum, well worth it. £150ish fitted by dealership that makes it feel like a car worth 3 times the amount

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:18 pm 

Ahh sat nav from phone in the car. Cunning ploy to save money and a great idea. Does it work on Android?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:32 pm 

This link http://www.citroen.co.uk/about-citroen/technology/mirror-screen gives the compatibility for Android which isn't much for iPhone or Android at the moment. From what I researched you get more features from an Android phone though

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:08 pm 

Looks cool. Need a 1.2 though :-)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:35 am 

Drives: C1 1.2VTi Flair
I have an iPhone 5 and that won't link with the unit also, @CitroenUK have said to me via twitter that they've looked into it internally and feel its a question best answered by @pioneeruk. Their silence is deafening.

The cable required with an iPhone 4s is just the standard cable with an AUX lead integrated. I see no reason why separate leads wouldn't offer the same solution as the 'Y' cable.

The problem being is the communication between the two devices via the app, on the pioneer website they have done a compatibility test with their appradio app and their current head unit range. They have problems with app compatibility with this also with IOS 8 being released.

I think the only solution is to wait it out and hope with IOS 8 being released that there will be an update across the board.

Fingers crossed it get sorted as I too would like to use the Navigation feature which was a selling point with the car. Its a shame it doesn't work, and Citroen should do better.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:13 pm 

[quote="HoTdiGiTi"]I have an iPhone 5 and that won't link with the unit also, @CitroenUK have said to me via twitter that they've looked into it internally and feel its a question best answered by @pioneeruk. Their silence is deafening. quote]

Hi, any chance of a screenshot of this post from Citroen on your Twitter? I contacted Pioneer first and they said the update has been released to Citroen that resolves this (pre iOS8). I'm trying to stir Citroen up into getting it sorted and that along with my stuff from Pioneer would be useful to tie them down?