Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New or used?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:56 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Yep, i'm a bit jealous cos while trying to sell her old Fiesta I luckily had the 108 to whizz about in for a few weeks and compared to our 107 it sooo much better.

Ironically, back in 2008 when we got our 107 new it cost about the same price as my sister paid for her Ford Fiesta back in 1989, ok I know technically the 107 is basic, but compared to the Fiesta, it had leccy windows, remote locking, airbags, cd/radio, abs, etc. etc., so just shows how canny the car manufacturers have got over time cramming more kit in and streamlining their manufacturing process.

Yes, its cheaper in many ways, but it does cost more to insure that her old Fiesta, but that's modern car repair costs I suppose, the price of techonology!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:07 pm 

Drives: C1 2015
I'm surprised at the insurance as i thought a really old car would have more probability to crash due to the older technology.
Are you going to upgrade your 107 to a 108?
I remember nearly buying a 1st gen Aygo but decided to spend £700 more and get the 2nd gen, definitely worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:36 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Tempted, but really the 107 is really my Mum's car and it's plain and simple dash etc is better for her, the touch screen would confuse her and also our Urban from 2008 doesn't have aircon, which is one of the reasons we bought it, just something else to got wrong for me. Ok my sister's 108 Active has aircon as standard, but then again has other useful extras over the base model, which I like, so it was price to pay. Hopefully it won't go wrong and be costly to fix.

The Fiesta insurance may of been lower cos to be fair if she pranged the car even a minor one, it would of just been written off by the insurance cos of it's age.

I'm with you, we were originally looking at late 13/14 C1s and 107s, but I was surprised how for a few hundred quid more you could get into a used new model C1 or 108 and that was at a main dealer. I didn't think my sister would like the fancy touch screen, bluetooth and aircon, but she soon got used to it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:52 pm 
Administrator

Drives: Ice cream van
Doombeast wrote:
Also the 1.2 engine has a timing belt I think which needs replaced every few years. The 1.0 has a chain which is designed to last the car life or at least 100k miles.

A chain will last the life of the engine so will be good for upwards of 200k

A cam belt usually needs doing every 100k

So I wouldn't worry too much about that

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk