Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:55 am 

Drives: 2007 107 Urban 5dr
Just my thoughts on the two above cars!

We've got a 2007 107 1.0 Urban 5dr with 80k and had it since 2009 and 20k, it's been a good little car and still soldiers on, albeit using more fuel and oil these days than it used to.

My cousin got a new 2015 C1 1.0 Flair 5dr Start/Stop and i had a drive of it recently.

I was expecting them to be very similar with sharing the same engine, most of the underneath etc - the differences were quite surprising.

Overall i was really impressed!

(all bits below compared to the 107)

The C1 was:

Quicker (didn't expect this as i understand the new model is slightly heavier with longer gearing - but it was a lot more lively)
Quieter (expected this and sure enough, it was)
More modern inside this one was high spec with touch screen, parking camera, cruise control etc.
MUCH better boot access due to the shelf moving up with the hatch (and a bigger boot, too)

I think the biggest difference was how much more smooth and soft the ride was compared to the 107 (which i think is a bit harsh)

BUT! This softer ride did make the car roll about more, the 107 is more 'go kart' in it's handling and ride, more fun if you are in the mood.

However, i was well impressed with the C1, moved the game on in lots of ways. I also really liked the rorty noise from the engine under load (which is there in the 107 too but to a lesser extent)

Less good points:

The front seats are more 'shaped' and feel more substatial - BUT - i noticed that they are actually 'thicker' and the rear seats seem to have less legroom as a result. Bit of a backward step there IMO as the front and rear space is a really impressive bit of the 107.

Car had the same 'vague clutch bite' as the 107. I've driven various 107s/c1s etc (work in motor trade) and find they all tend to suffer from this, and the related clutch issues etc.

But overall i was well impressed! I thought the car might be ...say....10-15% 'better' but i'd say it felt 25% better in the good ways mentioned above.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:42 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Yep, agree with you, we have a 2008 107 and my sister just bought a 108 (1.0) 3 door and as you say surprising how much improved drive it is.

Lucky for me, I was able to drive the 108 for a few weeks, while my sister sold her old car and when I then drove our 107, I thought I had a flat tyre or something, cos the drive and steering felt so different. Also, the gearing is alot different, that annoying shift light aside, it does drive smoother on the road.

As you say, the interior is a big improvement, nice to have sensible leccy windows now and a passenger door switch, its the little things!, oh and seats that remember their position when you get in and out the back.

Ours is only an Active, but you get quite a decent bit of kit, it surprising what you get now on the 2nd tier 108 compared to our 107 Urban, which was 2nd tier back in the day, so the game has moved on. The only sad news is my sister now has the 108 all to herself, so will only get the occasional drive now, if she will let me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:48 am 

I changed from a 107 to 108 a few months ago. I love it,but do sometimes miss the 107's "go cart" personality. Agree to the shift light. It talks rubbish. Often telling me to change down at times which I think the motor wouldn't thank me for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:19 am 

Drives: 2006 C1
The C3 my GF drives is the same, when she got it l put a piece of black sticky tape over it.
Mainly because she was driving to it, the engine was struggling up hills. She took it of. But after 5 years she has learned to belt it, well just a little :-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:54 pm 

Drives: C1 2015
Yes, the new model is brilliant, the steering wheel controls are a big plus for me too

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:13 pm 

Drives: 2006 Peugeot 107
hi all,
was wondering if the new version rear seats are the same shape/fitting as the old ones? ie. if you bought a full set of seats from a new car could they go in an older version?
cheers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:35 pm 

Drives: -10 Peugeot 107
I tried new 2015 aygo with roof window. In rear seat head hit roof even I am not that tall by 170cm which is 5.578 feet. More space on my current 2010 make 107.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:30 pm 
Area Rep

Drives: Citroën C1
I would really like a try at one of these new Triplets, Not yet had the chance to drive or work on one thus far, would be keen to get to know them better

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:22 pm 

Drives: 2007 107 Urban 5dr
Since posting this last year, i've driven a couple more C1s. A more basic 1.0 than my cousins which didn't have a rev counter or cruise control, reverse camera etc. Still a nice place to be and the seats do feel more supportive and chunky than the ones in the 107. Noted again though that there is less legroom in the rear. I did this is the very silly way of getting in the back (with the front set to my driving position - i' 6ft 2 so quite tall admittedly) and yeah, less room. Disappointing. I then couldn't get back out as the child locks were on! So had to do strange maneaouvers to get back out.
Anyway. BUT! The boot is definitely better. It's a bit bigger than the 107 but the main thing is the access. The opening is bigger AND the parcel shelf is attached to the hatch, so it moves totally out of the way. The tight access to the boot is one of the less good things about the 107.

I've also recently driven a 1.2 version.

In comparison to the 1.0 C1 (current):

It's a bit quicker. Not hugely so, but you feel it when on the move, it picks up a bit better in gear, if not from a standing start.
The engine isn't quite as smooth. It's got a more rattly sound at idle (which is the injection, totally normal) - but then when worked hard it does sound good.
The 1.0 has maybe more of a rorty induction sound, wheras the 1.2 maybe sounds a bit better overall when extended. Both great engines to use.
The 1.0 isn't disgraced howver. I think it manages very well for being a small engine.