Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:15 am 

Drives: Peugeot 108
Hello all

As some of you may remember I had a 107 for the last couple of years but now as it was starting to give too much problems and isn't work putting money to fix and then sell it at a lost so I have decided 2 weeks ago to get the successor, the 108

2 days ago, I have collected the car from the main dealer and I am getting the grips of this new car with how it works and what is different in these cars

So far I love this wee car, but I will admit 1 fault with the car so far and that is that the turning circle is a lot longer and in places where I need a short turn circle to do a I turn in place, I have caught myself having to reverse and then complete the turn

When I had the 107, I have intended to make this car a Peugeot sport edition but due to mechanical error, that wasn't the case so I will Perdue this quest to have a small city hot hatchback and luckily with these engines, as it is a 1.2, there was a turbo version of these cars, however, they don't do that version in these cars so I hope to revert this by fitting the turbo kit from a 208 with that puretech and hope that it's works okay

As well as that, do a few things before that but will know nearer the time, still the same principles as before, I am hoping it looks like the 208 GTI by Peugeot Sport and the 308 GTi by peugeot sport, I will also ask for some votes to what I want to do as it will be hard to do but will start small and work bigger

Anyway, hope to keep everyone in contact in how the car is going and what I am wanting to do

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:48 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Good to hear you are pleased with it so far. Good luck with making it a bit special, do Peugeot do many 'Peugeot Sport' bits for the 108, like they did with the 107?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:58 am 

Not really, their biggest model they have is the GT Line but they do a "sport" accessories which isn't really beneficial with what I have in mind for the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:24 am 

I was hoping to do a poll on this forum, however, I am not able to do that but I was thinking, what is the best look of the front grille for this car, I am definitely going for the red peugeot lettering but it is what colour should I go for the surround of the grille, I was thinking a Matte Black to match the 208 GTI by ps or just stay chrome with the 308 GTI by ps but there is a problem with both of them, I don't know if the Matte Black is going to suit the car and the chrome will match the 108 GT Line so what do I do? :/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:15 am 

Today, while bored in tech, I decided to have a photograph that I have of the car and took it to photoshop to see what it would look like if I have the cosmetic work done on the car, it is a wee bit edgy in places, and the bonnet doesn't look right but can't do much with the sunlight on the car but this is what I am wanting the car to look like Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:44 am 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Liking that, have you just covered the chrome bits from the front with black, on a lot modern cars the 'chrome thing' doesn't really work for me, so deffo an improvement.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:58 pm 

Drives: 2014 108 Active
She looks lovely!

Makes me want to tweak my little 108, would definitely look good with black alloys.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:13 pm 

Yeah Steve Most of the chrome on the whole car is blacked out and it does give it that scare and fearsome look to the car and thanks WardyBoi, I have been trying to find alloys for my 107 before I sold it and I haven't been able to find any for the 108 so painting the ones I already have would make it very nice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:47 am 

The black grill looks great!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:01 pm 

Yeah rickjm, I had that idea from the 208 GTI by Peugeot Sport as this is what I am wanting to aim this car to go for to have a GTI by peugeot sport look