Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:23 am 

Drives: aygo 2017
Hi
I have a 2017 LHD Aygo x-shift, that has some vibrations in the steering wheel.
Story up till now :

Shortly after I bought it in April 2020 I had it fitted with H&R lowering springs and ATS Streetrally Alloys (I can't remember if it had vibrations before installing springs) and noticed some vibrations in the steering wheel at around 70km and worse at 90-95km but nothing over 100 to 140+.

We checked the wheel alignment, wheel balance, also drove it and putting it into neutral to check if it was related to engine, everything ok. After changing to new winter tires and rims, the same result.

Recently we changed the front dampers to Bilstein and wrapped the 3-4 upper coils on the springs with hydraulic hose protector sleeves (if the vibrations came from the 3-4 tight wound coils would somehow go into oscillation caused by them being not pressed fully together. The result of this has been that the vibrations is down to about a third and funny enough it is now occurring at several speeds from around 70km to 100km.

Have any of you had the same vibrations ?

Kind regards
Oldzephyr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:48 am 

Drives: 2011 C1 + VW Touareg
Is the offset on the aftermarket alloy wheels the same as the OE wheels - if it's significantly different it may amplify any vibration caused by the wheels and felt through the steering.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:57 am 

Drives: aygo 2017
The offset of the alloys is the same as the OE 35mm, and the vibrations was the same with both set of wheels.