Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:39 pm 

Drives: Peugot 108 active
Hi Steve,
Just received the camera from AliExpress. Pretty quick.

I notice that the long video cable (extension) has a short red wire at each end coming out of the video connector. What are these for?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:08 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Hi, no idea I left those unconnected, just taped up out the way, treated the video cable (yellow connectors) like any other pure video cable.

I would recommend you do quick test once you've pulled the touchscreen/stereo, just confirms all is working as expected, before permanently installing/routeing all the wires in the car.

Good luck with the install, hope all goes well, braver than me it's brass monkeys outside :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:57 am 

Drives: Peugot 108 active
Fitted successfully on my daughter's Peugeot 108 active. Thanks to Steve107 and Dave9-3.

Only sticky issues were:

1) Cutting out extra slots in bulb holder in new reversing light. My daughter used a jewellery saw.
2) Pulling out the radio. Needs bravery and a real hard tug.
3) Routing the wires from reversing light through back of bumber (through grommet) and around car.

Works really well.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:29 pm 

Drives: 2015 C1 Feel
So my daughters reversing camera has given up the ghost. Had another in stock, but not integrated with numberplate type, so I had to drill the bumper. Fitted the new camera and all worked fine for a short time. Camera is however now intermittently not working, giving a blank screen when reverse is selected and on one occasion, the image was upside down.

It may be a faulty camera, but I wondered if it was the case that the replacement camera is more sensitive to voltage given that it’s meant to run at 12v but the car solutions harness only gives 6v.

I’ve therefore bought a dc to dc step up converter which boosts the voltage from 6v to 12v. It just needs to be incorporated into the power feed lead. Hopefully that will resolve the issue, and I won’t need to replace the camera again. Hope to do this tomorrow so will post back here with the results.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:14 pm 

Drives: 2015 C1 Feel
So have now installed the dc step up converter.I put the battery on the battery maintainer before starting.

I checked what voltage the camera was now getting which was 6.18v. Camera worked as expected. Once I installed the converter, the camera was receiving 12.08v, and I believe the image quality had also improved. I need to keep an eye on the battery, as the car is not getting much use during lockdown and with the recent cold snap, I think it’s condition has suffered. Hopefully now the camera will be happier.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:38 am 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Hopefully that sorts it, got me worried now, ours is still working ok, but time will tell. To be fair the price I paid for our camera a few replacements still make it a cost effective mod.