Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Car insurance quote
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:56 am 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
PetrolDave wrote:
Had to pay an extra £26.50 to switch from my 2008 C1 to my new 2020 Aygo, making the annual premium now £161.

That's impressive considering it brand new car and with a lot more tech, hope your impressed with your new Aygo and enjoy your new drive, if yours has one has the 'shift' light got annoying yet!

I was going to say you won't be able to enjoy it cos of lockdown, but apparently the roads are still quite busy and I got loads emails from shops that are still open, so not much has changed!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:16 pm 

Drives: 2020 Aygo x-clusiv
Steve107 wrote:
if yours has one has the 'shift' light got annoying yet!

The 'shift' light only appears in manual mode and it's so small and hidden at the right of the instruments in it's own little 'hole' that it's almost impossible to see - which is a good thing :lol:

Easy (auto) mode tends to change down gear too much for my liking so I'm normally driving it in manual and using the paddle shifters which I'm loving - like the automatic throttle blips on downshifting too :D

Sadly missed - 2006 Audi RS4 Avant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:03 pm 

Drives: mx5, 107
I went with Greenlight for one reason only. They insure my modified Eunos for 250 quid fully comp. However, they DID sting me 450 to put my 107 on the books with a host of mods to be added TBA. Oh, I'm 55 with 10 years NCD on a totally clean licence.

SUffice to say that they'll be getting my boot Royally shuvved up there arse mext time around.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:32 am 

Drives: 2018 C1 1.2 Flair
I’ve just insured my 2018 C1 1.2 Flair with Halifax, 10+ years NC comprehensive £117. I had been with Directline from prev car but they wanted £237 on the renewal. Amazed at the difference in cost as both policies are practically identical. I rang Directline to double check, when I told them how much Halifax quoted the said they couldn’t match that and best they could offer was £229.