Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Doors leaking
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:16 pm 

Drives: 2018 C1 1.2 Flair
Posted this in the techy forum but then saw this one is meant for 2014 on so apologies if this or the techy post are in the wrong place, please delet whichever is wrong.

Here's the problem:

C1 2017/18

My C1 has been letting in rain around the doors but only sides and bottom of the rears and the side and outer closing edge of fronts. The rubber seal on the back doors only go across the top on the main body but a seal goes around the whole door itself, the water goes into the part that the door closes onto and where there's no seal around the actual body. There is a rubber seal around the whole 'door frame' itself to stop the water going into the car itself which does a good job of keeping the water out of the car. The water gets in from the gap between the front and back doors and from the closing edge of the rear doors. And also at the top and between where the 2 doors meet over the door pillar. So after rain or washing the car I always have to dry this area off, especially around the rear hinges and especially under the rubber seals.

To me this is either a design fault. There is a seal along the top of the rear body but it doesnt carry on far enough down the sides.

I'd already wiped the excess water away in this pic and there's just a few drops on the outer edge showing in the pic.

I've never had a car get water in this area before and although it's not getting into the car itself, it's a bit worrying as it could cause the metal to rot especially around the door hinges as these are soaking wet. My previous 2 cars were Citroens, both C4 Cactus and neither of those let water in around this area.

Is this normal in a C1 or should I contact the garage and get them to check the doors over for bad fitting?

This has been very confusing to get over, sorry for the convulated post. The brown doggy thing on the back seat is a hammock to keep the dogs hairs off the car seats lol

Post subject: Re: Doors leaking
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:07 pm 

Drives: `66 Reggae Rhythm
I do remember seeing a video about bending the top part of the doors to get them to fit the seals better.
Naturally with the windows down first. But these cars were much older models than yours.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:04 am 

I’ve found a vid on YouTube, a guy fixes 13mm rubber door seal around the edge of the actual door. So going to try that. Shouldn’t have to do it as it’s under warranty, but it solves the problem and from what I’ve read about this Citroen don’t seem to fix the issue.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:40 pm 

I would recommend you take it back to Citroen and discuss the problem with them before making any modifications to your car.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:08 am 

Took it back and they did the water testing, they found the hi level brake light was leakin* so did that, and both rear doors. For some reason they aid the front doors were ok?

Anyway they’re ordering two new door seals and it goes in nxt week to get them changed. I’ll see if that fixes the leaks,which I’m expecting them not to. And then get some 13cms D profile 3M rubber seals and do the actual doors and the two front doors too as I know this will cure the leaks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:57 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Thanks for the update, good to know the dealer stepped up and are going to do something rather than fob you off, hopefully that will sort it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:24 am 

I hope so, if not I’ll get that rubber seal in the video and put it on all 4 doors. I did check if it would affect the warranty and the dealer said no it wouldn’t.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:10 pm 

My information is that the Dealer is refunded for every money spent repairing and repairs on Cars under Warranty ETC.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:04 pm 

Drives: Aygo x trend
Growler,

my brand new 20 plate aygo, has exactly the same fault as shown in your photos. I'll have to go have a chat with the dealers.

Thanks for highlighting this so well in your post.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:28 pm 

Drives: 2019 Smart Fortwo
When you’ve got this sorted I presume you’re going to use the screen mirroring options now available to you. Are you an Apple CarPlay man or Android Auto?

6-Speed Dual Clutch Automatic
Rear Parking Sensors
White with 15” Alloys