C1OC - CityBugClub - Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club

It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:24 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Firstly, give a big thanks to Richjm for the idea and sorry for copying!, but it does just finish off the interior of a 108 Active, the original knob is just a bit low rent! and the surround just ties in nicely with rest of the dash. Got mine off a Toyota Aygo x-play being broken.

Looking into this, there are loads of coloured surrounds available, which was surprising and not too much money, even for new ones, but happy with this. Shows Toyota just seem spend bit more on their interiors as standard.

The old

and the new

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:48 am 

Hi Steve107. No worries re copying (I’m flattered lol) It does look much better doesn’t it? Out of interest,which mats do you have there? I’m after some rubber ones for mine. Don’t really wanna pay the £££££ for genuine ones. They look like universal ones. Does the drivers side one behave itself and stay still?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:22 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Thanks for the reply, my sister (it's her 108) even said it changes gear better with the new knob! Looking into it I never realised that they do alot coloured dash bits, didn't like the gloss black on the Allure 108, and I would have had to get the gloss black radio surround as well and the Allure gear knob has chrome on it, which again, wouldn't look right imo.

Got the mats off th eBay, cost about £8 for set of 4 incl P+P, they are universal. There are lot sellers on their selling the same type of mats, with varying prices, so have a good look,but good quality/thickness for price. They got loads cuttable sections, but don't think I cut them at all to fit. Halfords ones about £15 for a set and these just as good. Not sure about the mats staying 'still', cos we got some standard 'Peugeot' 108 mats as part of the deal, which clip onto the floor studs, so these rubber ones sit on top and have pimpled back so grip the originals nicely. I got universal rubber mats in our 107 and I just made a hole in corner of mat to grip the floor stud and drivers mat says put ok.

Just found the ones I bought on the Bay, item no. 152573924388, if you interested.

Another good thing about the 108 over 107, they sorted the accelerator pedal position/floor, so it flat and a official Peugeot 108 drivers mat protects carpet better rather than going round pedal/floor as on the official Peugoet 107 drivers mat.

Last edited by Steve107 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:40 pm 

Drives: 2007/57 Smart Fortwo
One thing you shouldn't skimp on is mats. I have a set of two tailored for my Smart which cost £ 19.99 inc postage and I wish I'd spent another tenner to get the official ones from my main dealer.

Not that there is anything wrong with the ones I have. I have found the main dealer to be very keen on part prices even if their servicing costs are not.

Smart Radio 9
Panoramic Sunroof
Luggage Compartment Cover
Softouch Automatic Gear Programme
Bodypanels & Tridion Cell in Silver Metallic
15" Alloy Wheels