C1OC - CityBugClub - Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: The Rules!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:43 am 
Administrator

Drives: Ice cream van
Some rules...

1) All 'bugs compete against each other. It's Aygo's v C1's v 107s. There should be no favouritism based on the model, and we would ask people to vote for what they regard as the "best", be it the cleanest, best modified, or whatever. Specials or one-offs are acceptable, so long as the vehicle was first registered as a triplet and still retains the basic triplet monocoque body structure. In the unlikely event this becomes an issue, I will be the arbiter of what is acceptable.

2) In the event I have entered a car myself, Roc will nominate a member of club staff to act as in the official capacity as competition-bod, in order to ensure all remains fair and impartial.

3) If you are lucky enough to win a competition, you are not eligible to enter the next one, unless you have a different 'bug to enter. In other words, the winning car is excluded from the next seasons competition 3 months later.

4) No "photoshopping" of photos in a manner that manipulates the look of the car. White balance and other tasteful colour edits are allowed. Changing the colour of the vehicle or accessories is NOT allowed. HDR and other such effects, presets or filters are allowed but frowned upon if used to excess. Anyone that is thought to have violated this rule will be given a very short period of time (hours) to provide unaltered photos. If I feel that anyone has violated this rule they will be reported to Roc and may then be disqualified from any future contests if they are found to have intentionally used altered photos.

5) You may only enter your own personal car. Company built show cars are not allowed. We all know Pug1Off, or Ecosse, do some awesome conversions, but we're here to judge the hard work of owners, not measure their wallets. Again, there is a difference between having a bodykit fitted by pro's, and having a full-on top-to-bottom pro build show machine, and I will be the judge on this point.

6) Each entry is allowed a maximum of 3 photos. You are not allowed to change your photos once you enter. Enter your pictures in the nominations thread, and I will then arrange the vote thread 7 days later (or as near to 7 days as work allows).

7) Discussion, questions and good natured banter are permitted on both the nominations and the vote threads, so long as they remain more or less on topic. We know you folks will keep it clean and good natured, so we don't need to tell you about the new electric cattle prod Roc has bought to deal with anyone who oversteps the bounds ;)

8) You should not vote for your own car. As a demi-God, Roc is able to see where your vote is cast, so we would ask you all to be sporting and vote for another entrant.

9) In the event of a draw, there will be a secret vote of the club staff to determine the winner.

This is intended as a bit of a laugh, some good, clean fun, but also with a serious side. Trust me, there's no better feeling than having your car recognised by your peers as being head and shoulders above the crowd, and having "C1OC Bug of Summer 2011" in your signature, or on the sheet at the next car show you visit, is guaranteed to earn you respect and have women throwing themselves at you.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]