Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Woodys 118D sport
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:15 am 

Drives: 2012 Aygo Fire 5dr.
Haha oh all modern stuff is safe with all this Abs, TCS, Ebd stuff and air bags in every panel, that's what I miss about my MX5, no Abs, No TCS and no air bags, just how I like it. Was actually saying to my old man today that the Mini Cooper S Challenge 210 has a system on the manual where it automatically revs up to match your gearchange which is cool, but takes away so much of the fun of doing it yourself!

Well the leather in Bimmers is decent stuff, proper thick and robust so it should be happy with whatever you throw at it, don't think I saw a scuffed seat when cleaning them out apart from the slight wear on the bolster like every car gets! Naturally, and if it's just you and your missus no point getting anything bigger, meant to say, was it 3 or 5 Door you've gone for?

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:06 pm 

Drives: 107 Urban
Sorry for the late reply buddy I didn't get a notification that you'd replied!

I know what you mean about driving a raw car as my neighbour has got an old E30 BMW with a 2.5ltr lump in it that's got to safety features of TCS etc it's scary to drive! Yeah I've read that minis do that and they've just brought it out in the new M140i so is imagine it's in other bmws now too but then again it doesn't affect me as mines auto...

The leather is really good quality! The side bolsters only wear on the half leather seats as the bolsters are real leather they've that crappy imitation leather. That's what I thought, might as well have a hot hatch before family comes along haha! I've got for the 5 door as I cannot stand 3 doors anymore, I used to love them but after detailing a lot of them I've grown to hate them...

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 11:06 pm 

Haha its cool man, I'm used to it :p Have you got your new car yet then? Or was it June/July time?

Hot hatches are a car you can have with a family and still have a giggle! Yeah it's a real thick leather on BMWs, they don't skimp on it that's for sure! How do 3 doors annoy you more for detailing? Less do hinges to do! Or am I missing something here :p

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:21 am 

I picked it up last Saturday, it's mental!!! I'm going to start a thread about it soon. How people handle more powerful cars without killing themselves or getting banned I'll never know... Unfortunately I won't be driving it until the 10th of June as I'm currently in menorca haha. It was hard to pick her up and only be able to drive it for a few days before leaving it, but I still managed just under 600 miles in 6 days...

That's what I've said to SWMBO, I'll have the 5dr hot hatch to entertain myself and future kids and she can have the boring car as she's not bothered about nice/fast cars! That is true, although I've never had leather seats but I am impressed with these, but I still prefer proper Alacantara bucket seats over leather seats if I'm honest... Because I'm 6ft 3 so trying to crawl around in the back of a 3dr car with a Hoover and various cleaning products whilst trying to to damage anything isn't an easy process [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:26 pm 

Glad to hear you're enjoying it mate! Was a good choice and as mental as you can get a Bimmer with it still being usable haha. Know that feeling well, petrol was made to be used!

Yeah she should be happy with that, just slap a sport badge on her car if she complains ;) can't remember if alcantara seats were an option on that, I k ow the M Sport had some really nice alcantara seats as standard. Hmm, that makes sense, being a short arse I don't get that problem, but I need a booster step for cleaning bigger motors like a Toureg I did a month ago!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:33 pm 

I am! Hopefully we can arrange a meet on this forum and I can show everyone it, plus I just want an excuse to drive it haha. I wouldn't call 27mpg useable hahahaha [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

That's my plan [WINKING FACE] No you can only have leather on the M135i unless you choose the performance seats which are something like an eye-watering £3k.... My old 118D sport had some cloth sport seats which were nice, don't get me wrong the leather seats add a premium feel to the car but I'd but prefer to be able to spec some hardcore Alacantara bucket seats without having my trousers pulled down lol. Lucky you haha, even I carry some steps with me when I'm doing bigger cars as even though I can stretch to reach I prefer not to risk leaning against the car and scratching it, Range Rovers are a pain to clean!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:35 pm 

Hahaha that'd be some meet, a load of 50mpg plus economic warriors and STRAIGHT SIX POWAR MATE. Sign me up. Pfft, 27 is fine, my MX5 only did 32mpg for a 130bhp 1.8!

Sounds about right for special order BMW stuff. Saw one 135i with some M Performance gearknob that looked quite smart but probably cost a bomb. I usually stand on the tyres from my BMW days, that's what roof bars are for, to hang on to!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:27 pm 

I'm more than happy to have a meet up if you want to try and organise something matey, or speak to one of the mods? Wow I wouldn't be able to cope with that mpg for that power, at least I can convince myself it's worth it when my head hits the back of the seat [WINKING FACE]

Yeah the M performance stuff is ridiculous, I like the carbon fibre and Alacantara m performance interior for mine but it's something like £800! For some little interior pieces! I thought the performance exhaust (which is only a back box) at £600 was expensive haha. I think standing on tyres looks so unprofessional though, it looks like you don't care for the car and aren't organised or experienced enough to know you need steps... I'm glad my car hadn't got roof bars then! [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:47 pm 

Well drop in if you swing by Nottinghamshire, can't remember the last time I went to a car meet xD I could justify it as the handling was never bested in the two years I had her, German tanks would be all over the road trying to catch up with her nimbleness!

Sounds about right, the Performance exhausts can be ridiculous. Was £7,500 for a titanium one on an M6 I think, but that's the price you pay for engineered exhausts, I just want a braaaap one on the Aygo to go with my latest idea!

I can agree with that, definitely, though I'm always worried about steps losing balance and twatting into the customer's door. Swings and roundabouts I suppose! Also depends on the customer. Sod it, leave the roof, not like they'll see it.

Jokes, the roof is the best place for beading shots so must not be ignored. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:46 pm 

I'm only in Barnsley, Nottinghamshire isn't that far away is it? I suppose so, although I'm sure I'd be able to [WINKING FACE]

I suppose but it's only a damn back box? [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] I had a lovely exhaust on my 107 but I had no idea who made it as I bought it off some guy on here for £30!

Indeed it is! That it is my friend [WINKING FACE]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next