Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Woodys 118D sport
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:49 pm 

Drives: 2012 Aygo Fire 5dr.
Sorry mate, I want another MX5 at the moment. Why the change man! It was looking well smart!

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:02 am 

Drives: 107 Urban
You can't detail out of the back of an MX5 though pal [WINKING FACE] It is a shame as I had got her looking well and I was just about to purchase a front splitter, spoiler and some new wheels but due to a new job im now doing 8-9k miles a year and earn more so I'm getting rid of the diesel in my life for a much needed petrol! Oh and the deal I've got on the new car is amazing too... I'm hoping someone can appreciate how much better the car is now and still look after it for me. It's a shame my girlfriend doesn't want it haha.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:11 am 

Pfft, sounds like a challenge mate, two words, boot rack ;)

Yeah no point clogging up a diesel when doing lower mileage, my uncle has just done the same and chopped in his 3.0 A5 for a Merc Coupe, 4 cylinder petrol. I'm always an advocate for petrol cars as sound is the best part.

So is there a hint if what you've ordered then? :p Or is it a closely guarded secret? Definitely looks better with the M Sport bumpers, BMW gave the 1 Series a huge LCI probably down to it looking a bit blobby unless it was an M Sport. Bah, what kind of girlfriend is she not wanting an immaculate 1 Series!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:18 am 

That definitely is a challenge [WINKING FACE]

That's my exact thoughts pal. What merc did he buy? I test drove a few a-class but I didn't like them... Definitely! The sound is something a need in my life!

No it's not a secret buddy, I'm ordering a Valencia orange M135i within the next week or so. So I'll have a lovely 3ltr RWD monster on my drive in June! Oh how I'm going to love that 326hp [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

It's because she only does 5k miles a year so it makes less sense for her to have it haha. Plus she's got a decent 10 plate micra with 24k miles on it so she doesn't need a new car at all, plus she's an accountant so she's too sensible with her money! Oh and finally, she's too scared that she might scratch it as I'd kill her...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:33 am 

MX5s are exceptionally practical, roof down and endless space!

He got a C Class Coupe, looks like his old A5 which is funny, but the dash is so simplistic looking which I don't know if I like to not. Sounds okay for a 4 cylinder but if it's German it's got to be 6.. Like this M135 you're getting you cheeky sod! Manual or auto? Best colour as well, always liked Valencia Orange as everyone has Estoril Blue. Mineral Grey with Coral Red leather was always nice too.

Bless her, living in constant fear driving a Micra? Chuck her the keys to the 135i, that should be a smart idea!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:41 am 

My mate says the same but I'm sceptical haha.

They are lovely looking cars! I just don't like the sat nav screen it looks like it shouldn't be there...

Yeah the 6clyinder should sound tasty [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES] I'm actually going auto! I test drive both but I loved the auto. Cheers, I was going to go for superman combo but I just love that orange so I've specced that with the oyster leather.

Hahaha she definitely is. At BMW they asked her if she wanted to test drive it and she went white thinking about it! [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:05 am 

Man Mercedes really didn't think about their infotainment, looks like a digital photo frame glued on the dash and the graphics look all pixelated. Never been a Merc fan as they look too glitzy with the fake chrome but I've always been a Jap fan, probably because they're a roller coaster to own.

Chuck it into sport mode and they pop and crackle more ;) Normally I would slag you off and call you a pansy for choosing auto and today is no different. BUT, BMW's auto boxes are spot on and the seamless changes with that power means not much will out run you so I can see where you're coming from, I'm just old school in liking manual as it means you can just be silly with it in car parks or at junctions easier :p Oyster leather as well! You classy git, Professional Media? Only option you need on a 135i as they come with enough standard.

D'awr that sounds adorable! I met a lady who had an MX5 till she crashed it and moved onto a 118d Coupe as I think the tail happy nature of the 5 shook her up a bit. When my MX5 wanted to mate with an immovable object with its tail happy nature I loved it, apart from the bill to paint the bumper.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:15 am 

It does! I asked the salesman about it me he said it's made to look like an iPad, I asked why though and he just laughed and said he's got no idea... I've got to say I like the exterior of the new ones and the amg sport seats but nothing else really does it for me. I do love jap cars but If I got one I'd be skint 24/7! Plus I'm a bit of a snob so I like newer cars...

Oh I know! When the gearbox is in sport too and it revs so high it just makes me smile [WINKING FACE] All my mates are calling me a girl for speccing it but they don't understand how smooth they are and how much fun the paddles are! I manual seemed a stupid choice. I'm sure I'll find plenty of ways to be silly with it [WINKING FACE] I know right lol. Black leather is just boring. Yeah pro nav, heated steering wheel, cruise control and rear PDC, HK sound and maybe adaptive suspension too. They do come high spec standard but I'm hoping to keep this one for many years so I'm getting a lot of toys to keep me happy.

It was haha. She obviously wasn't driving the 118D right if she didn't get it tail happy [WINKING FACE] Hahaha I get what you mean with that matey!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:35 am 

Well that salesman sounds human rather than coming up with a stupid reason. My favourite was one looking in a footwell of an MR2 I looked at a couple of years ago as I said I couldn't find the Ac switch, made me laugh and leave pretty sharpish. Yeah, new cars are nice and plush but I like a car that tries to kill me at every opportunity, I'd go for another Mk1 but I fancy a bit of a change and a Mk2 reminds me of old Need for Speed games from the late 90s :)

But I thought you were a girl? Oh well. Autos are amazing for traffic and if you just want to relax but for me smashing gears is the driving fun but I can appreciate auto on something with 300+ bhp for lightening shifts :p Only good thing about Dakota Leather is it never looks bad, unless you get seeds and crumbs stuck in the seams. Yes, Cruise control is a must on a Bimmer, whenever I saw one without it I wondered who the he'll had specced it. Best I saw was a 114i ES, it had NOTHING, not even the I drive screen! It was so weird after all the M Sport stuff kicking around! Might as well load up with kit then, if I had the money I'd spec up a Bimmer for sure, not sure what model though.. Maybe a 2 Series, though I loved driving the 4 Coupes.. But no, 90s Jap stuff with that comforting cheap leather odour every time!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:55 am 

Yeah he was pretty honest, it does help that he's a good friend of mine who I used to play golf with. I know what you're saying but I'm sure the m135i will try and kill me more than I want it to haha, I'd love a proper old car that's been hit need for speed style! [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

I do think the auto box will be better especially with the paddles but I will miss the notchiness of the manual gearbox and the smashing through gears like you said. That's is true regarding the leather but mine will be that clean it doesn't matter haha. Cruise control is definitely a must! I've done 450 miles over the last 3 days and I bet 300+ miles have been using cruise control! I'm definitely going to spec it up! I'd love an M235i or a 435i GC but I need the hatchback for practicality with the detailing and I just prefer hot hatches rather than bigger cars although I'm sure that'll change as I get older.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next