Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Lydall's MK6 thread.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:23 pm 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 10:33 pm
Posts: 15588
Location: Wiltshire
Drives: Ice cream van
daviemck2006 wrote:
Looks in good condition, but I'm afraid golfs don't do anything for me. Probably is a good car though. Each to their own I suppose and that's why I bought a Citroen :mrgreen:



yeah same



but the mk6 looks rather nice!

_________________
C1OC Administrator


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lydall's MK6 thread.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:27 pm 
Offline
Area Rep
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:31 pm
Posts: 4663
Location: Motherwell
Drives: Citroën C1
reedy wrote:
daviemck2006 wrote:
Looks in good condition, but I'm afraid golfs don't do anything for me. Probably is a good car though. Each to their own I suppose and that's why I bought a Citroen :mrgreen:


yeah same

but the mk6 looks rather nice!


I would get the MKII Golf GTI if i had the chance, quality wee motor

_________________
John - Mechanical Guru :ugeek:
Scottish Area Rep
Citroën C1
Alfa Romeo 159 Turismo Sport
Renault 5 Auto


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lydall's MK6 thread.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:29 pm 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 10:33 pm
Posts: 15588
Location: Wiltshire
Drives: Ice cream van
wee mac wrote:
reedy wrote:
daviemck2006 wrote:
Looks in good condition, but I'm afraid golfs don't do anything for me. Probably is a good car though. Each to their own I suppose and that's why I bought a Citroen :mrgreen:


yeah same

but the mk6 looks rather nice!


I would get the MKII Golf GTI if i had the chance, quality wee motor



my old flatmate had a mk2 wasent a GTI but had a GTI head on it, on coilovers, BBS alloys was nice


but went wrong every other week!



the golfs arnt the sort of cars that stand out to me, I would want something that does- something like the DS3 or an areal atom.....

_________________
C1OC Administrator


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lydall's MK6 thread.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:02 pm
Posts: 728
Location: macduff
Drives: 107 sportium 2012
Nah, if it was to be a golf would have to be mk1 GTI, nothing else. Then that's back to my youth. I still didn't go with them, I had an astra 1,6 sri, cracker of a motor, often thought I should have had a gte. There you go, in my day the sri had 90bhp, that was a warm hatch, think gte/gti/xr3 etc were about 110 bhp. Thats nothing by todays standards!

_________________
[color=#FF0000]Davie aka portsoypug

2012 107 sportium x2, black and white
1998 xantia 1.9td veg burner
1993 pug205 1.6 auto


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lydall's MK6 thread.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 11:57 am
Posts: 266
Drives: Black 08' C1 Vibe
I know its not a stand out car, but for a 21 year old its a good start? :)

Think when I get used to the 140bhp I'm gonna get it re-mapped... for £250 you can get it to 170bhp with an increase in MPG with no other modifications!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lydall's MK6 thread.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:02 pm
Posts: 728
Location: macduff
Drives: 107 sportium 2012
lydall wrote:
I know its not a stand out car, but for a 21 year old its a good start? :)

Think when I get used to the 140bhp I'm gonna get it re-mapped... for £250 you can get it to 170bhp with an increase in MPG with no other modifications!


I'm only saying my personal opinion. It is a really good car for a 21 year old, in fact it would probably be a really good car for me at 49!
Just not my choice, but we are all different and have different tastes. Put it this way if my son goes out and buys one the exact same I would not complain. They are a sensible choice. Hope you get on well with it, it is what you want after all. Are you transferring your plate on to it?

_________________
[color=#FF0000]Davie aka portsoypug

2012 107 sportium x2, black and white
1998 xantia 1.9td veg burner
1993 pug205 1.6 auto


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lydall's MK6 thread.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 11:57 am
Posts: 266
Drives: Black 08' C1 Vibe
daviemck2006 wrote:
lydall wrote:
I know its not a stand out car, but for a 21 year old its a good start? :)

Think when I get used to the 140bhp I'm gonna get it re-mapped... for £250 you can get it to 170bhp with an increase in MPG with no other modifications!


I'm only saying my personal opinion. It is a really good car for a 21 year old, in fact it would probably be a really good car for me at 49!
Just not my choice, but we are all different and have different tastes. Put it this way if my son goes out and buys one the exact same I would not complain. They are a sensible choice. Hope you get on well with it, it is what you want after all. Are you transferring your plate on to it?


Yeah its on its way, DVLA said 7 working days to receive paper work.. Its day 7 tomorrow so hoping the papers will be in the post tomorrow


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lydall's MK6 thread.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 11:57 am
Posts: 266
Drives: Black 08' C1 Vibe
Helllo Private Reg! :)

Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Lydall's MK6 thread.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:57 am 
Offline
Full Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 2612
Drives: 2012 Aygo Fire 5dr.
Oooooh yes, very smart ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lydall's MK6 thread.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:02 pm
Posts: 728
Location: macduff
Drives: 107 sportium 2012
The pressed plates really look the business. It is like going back in time, but cool. Think I'll need a set.

_________________
[color=#FF0000]Davie aka portsoypug

2012 107 sportium x2, black and white
1998 xantia 1.9td veg burner
1993 pug205 1.6 auto


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group