Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Davie's C4 VTS
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:44 am 

Drives: C1 Sound&Cool ++
is the peugeot expert bought to deliver goodies to people and are you gonna put the avatar on the side of the car (looks great i think) you need a cool slkogan too ;-)

C4 is gonna look better by the day !

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1650

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:39 am 

Drives: Ford
I like the c4's, but only the 5 door versions. Also, I'm not too keen on the steering wheel as the centre doesn't move..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:50 am 
Area Rep

Drives: Aygo D4D Sport
jimmyjjohn wrote:
I like the c4's, but only the 5 door versions. Also, I'm not too keen on the steering wheel as the centre doesn't move..

Interesting I really like that thinks it looks grand

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:34 am 
Area Rep

Drives: Citroën C1
emile1920 wrote:
jimmyjjohn wrote:

Interesting I really like that thinks it looks grand

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

yeah more cars should have that fitted :thumbs:

Alfa Romeo 159 Turismo Sport
Renault 5 Auto

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:15 pm 

Drives: 107 sportium 2012
Well nearly a year since I've been on here. A lot has happened in that year. The Expert, which was bought for doing a few jobs got sold, with me making my money back. I bought a Honda Civic 1.6 auto at auction seriously cheap as my health was deteriorating and I was struggling to drive the VTS. I put it up for sale. However I hated the Honda with a passion so soon sold it, again getting my money back + £200. I then bought a C2 VTR 1.6 sensodrive. A week after I bought it I was offered a swap of a Freelander for the vts. Both were booking at the same value, and I had always fancied a freelander so thought I was sorted. Got the little auto when my leg wasn't working and the freelander had the best driving position I have ever known. Another 3 weeks later the c2 broke. No starting. Jump started off the landie no problems. I bought a new battery for it and all was well for 1 day and wouldnt start again. Cue a call out from the AA who, after I had phoned them, nearest Citroen Dealer said no problems, put it here and we will sort it out.

Two weeks later I had heard nothing, phoned them and they had not even looked at it!!!!!!!! Cue phone calls to the AA and Citroen UK. Then the garage looked at it and took another 4 weeks to get the gearbox fixed, it ended up the gearbox ECU had packed in and was not communicating with the engine ECU so the car thought it was stuck in gear, which it was and would not start. It cost £980 to fix. Worse than this though, the monkeys of a local garage that the AA sent to me winched it out of the drive with the front wheels locked, then winched it onto their tail lift wagon also with wheels locked. It was bouncing all over the place as they were doing this. The garage reported to me that both front springs were broken and they would not advise me to drive the car as it was dangerous, and that will be £360 to fix please. This was for a 53 plate motor that I had only paid £900 for. I paid the bill for the gearbox and drove the car home and immediately advertised it for sale, and I was lucky to get £800 for it. Over £1000 down and only drove the thing about 500 miles. It was a pity as I had never seen a car with such a comprehensive service history from it's one owner, or a car so well kept, not one spot of rust or dent and a lovely shine.

This left me with the Landrover, and whilst I enjoyed driving it, I did not enjoy the 22 mpg average I was getting, or the prospect of £280 road tax so I advertised it as well. I got a reasonable price for it, and then purchased its replacement, a C5 2.0hdi 16v VTR on an 07 reg. Just two months MOT on it but cheap, as it needed new tyres and a new handbrake cable. It also needs track rod ends and a bush in the rear suspension for it's MOT which it failed yesterday. It's a brilliant car for me though, even as I dont need a big car it's good to have the comfort. It does 51 mpg, not far off a bug, with far more comfort. Theres only one car I have regretted selling for a long time and that was my previous C5 2.2 hdi. This one is faster and more economical than it was so I'm happy. And every one of the cars I have mentioned on here has been black so I have a nice change, when was the last time you saw a white c5?

On to me. Health much the same, not able to work and now waiting for a procedure to relieve the constant pain I am in, but it is not a cure, by spine is slowly disintegrating and nothing can be done about it, I just have to live with it. As they say, shit happens. At least the car should do me fine, as long as I can work the clutch. As most of my driving is rural I don't need many gearchanging and the car has the torque to skip gears, I normally go 1,2,4,6. Thats a catch up from me, it's good to see some of the same names on here, and that you all are still enjoying life with a bug!

2012 107 sportium x2, black and white
1998 xantia 1.9td veg burner
1993 pug205 1.6 auto

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:21 am 

Drives: 2012 Aygo Fire 5dr.
Busy year for you then buddy! You change your car more often than me! :p Hope your procedure gives you some relief there buddy, like you say, a comfortable car is the best option and no, can't remember ever seeing a white C5!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:53 am 

ImageImageImage
There's my c5. I'm hoping this one is a keeper. It seems to be a good car and although it's done 108000 miles it should do double that easily.

1993 pug205 1.6 auto

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:42 pm 

My c5 now at 114k and runs like a dream. Absolutely perfect for me. The only difference just now is it has the standard 16's on for the winter mainly as they have near New tyres and my 18's need two tyres.

On my health I have had two operations on my back, they have reduced the pain considerably, but it is still fooked and will only get worse, and I am now officially disabled. DS3 or 4 on disability when the C5 dies? Possibly, but want to keep the c5. It's about the perfect car for me, but it is just a car and doesn't get cleaned nearly so often as it should.

My son has now caught the bug. His old fiesta, not that old really it's 53 reg and only done 89k has died, a bloody rock on the road hit the sump lost oil knackered big end bearings. 250 + VAT for a scrappy engine and 600+VAT for labour writes it off, so yesterday he had a drive in a 12 plate 107 sportium with heaps of spec and I think it's 22000 miles from the pug dealer I bought my one from, and came back and paid the deposit. It's getting serviced and two new tyres on and he should get it tomorrow hopefully. It's 2&1/2 years old and is getting a further 2 years warranty when the 3 year one runs out so will be covered until it's 5 yrs old. It's a nice wee motor. Anyone want a knackered fiesta? LolImageImage

1993 pug205 1.6 auto

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:04 am 

Drives: 2006 C1

Just the car for a smooth ride, if the picture works.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:34 pm 
Moderator & Club Rep

Drives: DS3r Loeb Replica
Ds3 is a great car but I'm not biased ;)

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next