Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:35 am 

Drives: 2008 Citroen C1 Code
Enjay wrote:
I was once reminded that, when driving - cornering at 70, whatever, all that is connecting you to the road at any one time is a bit of tyre/road contact about the size of a CD cover at each corner. I'd certainly prioritise grip over tyre lifespan; especially when our tyres are not that expensive so, over the lifetime of the tyres, the saving from a hard compound is only a few £ per year.

That's my thinking too.

I found the OE fit Energy tyres sadly lacking in grip for my driving style - which is why I have 2 sets of wheels for my C1. The OE 14" alloys have Nokian winter tyres in the 155/65x14 OE size, and I have a set of 16" summer wheels with grippy soft compound Yokohama or Toyo 195/40x16 tyres.

2015 Skoda Octavia 1.4TSI Elegance estate

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:57 pm 

Drives: 2007/57 Smart Fortwo
Checked my tyre pressures, for only the second time I can remember I didn't need to take my foot pump out of the plastic bag I keep it in as all my tyres were inflated to exactly the correct amount according to my digital pressure gauge which is accurate to within 0.5 PSI

I set the front left, rear left and rear right two weeks ago and the front right a week ago as that was the one with the leaky valve core which was caused when I roughly pulled my tyre inflator off the valve core which unscrewed it a bit letting out air.

Its nice when I don't have to fight the pressure gauge to get a reading as it can be a bit fiddly to operate but you soon get used to it.

Smart Radio 9
Panoramic Sunroof
Luggage Compartment Cover
Softouch Automatic Gear Programme
Bodypanels & Tridion Cell in Silver Metallic
15" Alloy Wheels

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 5:48 pm 
Administrator

Drives: Ice cream van
Sorted the engine lid fabric

Replaced a strut bar that had rusted, cleaned the engine bay

Replaced the t bar seals and glass, found a bit of rust so treated and painted that and got the new seals on

Just need to adjust the drivers glass but that can be a job for another timeImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:28 pm 

Drives: 2007 C1
Reedy wrote:
Sorted the engine lid fabric

Replaced a strut bar that had rusted, cleaned the engine bay

Replaced the t bar seals and glass, found a bit of rust so treated and painted that and got the new seals on

Just need to adjust the drivers glass but that can be a job for another timeImageImageImageImageImage

With the Saxo and Rover 600 across the road, do you have to own a 20+ year old car to live on your street! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:54 pm 
Administrator

Drives: Ice cream van
Haha pretty much

We also have a brand new civic type R a yarris the gf has a pug 208

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:17 am 

Drives: 2009 Corsa SRI 1.6T
Washed it.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 3:31 pm 

Drives: 2007/57 Smart Fortwo
It was time for my tyre pressure check and unlike last time where they were all exactly right, this time the rear right was reading 36.5 PSI instead of 36 PSI so I gently let out air by manipulating the pressure gauge on the valve until it read 36 PSI.

Then moved onto the front ones and both were set at the correct 29 PSI so onto the rear left and this one was 36.5 PSI as well. I had to fight with the pressure gauge to see how much air I was letting out.

In the end I connected my foot pump to inflate it back up to over 36.5 and started again. When I got down to what I thought was 36 PSI I power cycled my pressure gauge and the first reading I got was 36 PSI. Success at last!

Smart Radio 9
Panoramic Sunroof
Luggage Compartment Cover
Softouch Automatic Gear Programme
Bodypanels & Tridion Cell in Silver Metallic
15" Alloy Wheels

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31