Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:25 pm 

Drives: 2015 Renault Twingo
J15nel wrote:
All three buggered now, must be something to do with Tapatalk.

Changed them from links to google drive to attachments, so don't know what's happened. I've never liked Tapatalk; it was all tap and no talk.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:27 pm 

Drives: 2012 Aygo Fire 5dr.
I agree, tapatalk is naff when it comes to this stuff. Enough about an app, how's the first 24 hours of the car!

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:43 pm 

Drives: 2015 Renault Twingo
Well, I've not driven today. I've been reading the manual :lol:

But having driven yesterday, these are my observations...

• It's well sound proofed. I mean really well. Leagues better than the C1 and even our main car, a Toyota Verso.
    • Steering is light. Both the C1 and Verso are heavy in comparison.
    • It drives up steep hills without me having to shift down to 2nd, lean forward, and keep my fingers crossed that I'm not going to roll backwards.
    • Hill assist is great.
    • I don't have to change gear so often. The C1 and Verso are similar in that they happily drive at 30mph in 5th gear.
    • The stock radio isn't bad at all.
    • The rear mounted 898cc turbo engine provides 90BHP and is crazy good.
    • The on board trip computer means I'll probably not need to install my ScanGauge II.
    • Superb high driving position.
    • It's a TARDIS inside. How on earth can it seat 4 people comfortably and still have such generous boot space!
    • Insurance is cheaper than the C1

My first car was a Smart ForTwo cdi turbo, and I loved driving it, apart from the fact it kept breaking down. I have always missed it. Reliability aside, it was nigh on perfect in every way. My C1 was my second car, and it was a step down from the Smart as far as comfort and features go, but reliability was more important. The C1 never let me down. It never leaked. It started first time. It responded to the controls. It just worked.

I wasn't looking for a new car, but wanted to compare how the Picanto, i10, up!, 500, and Panda compared to the the old and new C1. Renault wasn't on my comparison list. But somehow, I found they were selling their 2015 pre-reg cars with a generous discount, so booked a test drive in the Twingo. Loved it so much that I bought the only 65 plate one at my local dealer. The discount was well above what was advertised on the website, so I couldn't refuse.

Of course I will miss the C1, and I'll never forget it. If ever you see a red C1 VT with registration LY10GZU, let me know!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:09 pm 

Drives: 2019 Smart Fortwo
I see from your previous postings that you had an 09 reg Smart Fortwo CDI which means early 2009 and therefore the 45bhp version which is supposed to be quite reliable.

It's the October 2009 onwards 54bhp versions that are renowned for problems. I have a used 2007/57 reg Smart Fortwo Turbo Petrol which is neither diesel or MHD and so far so good.

6-Speed Dual Clutch Automatic
Rear Parking Sensors
White with 15” Alloys

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:25 pm 

Drives: 2012 Aygo Fire 5dr.
Sounds quite a solid little car then, prefer the look of them compared to the Smart equivalent, saw one today and it didn't look dwarfed compared to other cars on the road! Just wish they did a 3 door renaultsport model then I'd finance myself to hell.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk