Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Skoda Fabia vRS
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:39 pm 

Drives: Citroen C1
Not an ex owner, so I hope this post is allowed! I'm on this forum as I got a Citroen C1 for my girlfriend so although she's the main driver, she prefers me to drive whenever we go anywhere together. (She's not a hugely confident driver)
Anyway, I think it's a great little car, very frugal and easy to drive. Got a problem with the 12v socket but can hopefully get that sorted soon.

My car though is a 2011 Skoda Fabia vRS. It's in rally green with a black pack, and comes with a 1.4TSI petrol engine which has been tuned to 212bhp from 180bhp as standard. On a good journey I can get 45-50mpg without much difficulty.

Post subject: Re: Skoda Fabia vRS
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:27 pm 

Drives: 107 Urban '09
Seen quite a few people get Fabias recently, decent cars for the price and pretty nice to drive. Still won't give up the pug yet though :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:54 pm 

Drives: 2006 C1
My red 2006 C1 and has black rear lights
I've seen 2 now with black, anyone know when this changed ?
Just curious I almost bought a pair from skra before I thought about the fog and reverse light wiring.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:25 pm 

Yeah I enjoy driving mine. Some people have had issues with them, but mines been ok. I got it new in December 2011. It's got the DSG gearbox which is brilliant but every now and again I do miss the feel of a simple manual gearbox, so the C1 does help!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:10 pm 

Drives: Citroen C1 1.0 2011
you have a automatic skoda and a manual C1... I have the opposite :D

I avoided the DSG7 gearbox because of the tuning. I also have ...212bhp... but out of the 1.8tsi engine. When I was doing my market research for buying the car I found the information that actually the DSG7 gearbox is "validated" only for 250Nm, and at that time (2010) it didn't came with any engine with more torque. It also had a bad reputation for reliability so i preferred to play it safe, I got the M6 gearbox and went ahead with the engine tuning.

I find interesting also the fact that the dyno test I took somehow confirmed the "rumour" about the 250Nm limit. My stock engine had about 176bhp instead of 160 (or 159), they we "relaxed" on the power. But with the torque it was a different story, nowhere on the curve it went beyond 255Nm. The torque steady level was "longer" compared with tecspecs (it was supposed to start decreasing after 4500rpm but in reality it was steady up to around 5200), but not higher.
After the remapping mine has around 320Nm. How about yours?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:35 pm 

Yeah, i have read also that there is a torque limiter on the gearbox, but i think it might be a 250lb/ft limiter because lots of people have done stage 1 and 2 without problems. I think some tuners have devloped software to remove the limiter though. But if the limit is reached, and if the engine develops more than that, the gearbox will cut the power back. I've only gone for Stage 1, but when people start going past stage 2 i think there's problems and the 1.4TSI engine starts to suffer. It's a fairly highly strung engine anyway, without boosting power to 250bhp+ that people have tried to do. Mine currently develops 227lbs/ft of torque (307nm) at just over 3500rpm. What car do you have then?

I want to try and get more power out of my other half's C1 but i know there's not really any point :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:30 pm 

I've tried also to convince her to try to get around 12bhp extra by remapping the C1, but that's out of the question. :D Since 90% of the time its city driving anyway I gave up.

I have a 2010 Skoda Superb 1.8tsi. That's a decent cruiser, silent and powerfull enough, decent consumption, huge boot with the twin door opening that makes it very practical, especially when you have little kids and you take one million useless things with you...
I have a vcds and played around a little bit. As far as I understood, the stock boost is around 0.7-0.8bars, light tuning is around 1 and agressive is around 1.3. In my case the maximum boost is around 1bars, so it's something similar to a stage 1. I'm happy with it as it is now. I has access to some nice toys and did some measurements, it goes from 0-60mph in 6.9s and from 0-100km/h in 7.4s and 1/4 miles in 14.9s. That was me driving (and changing gears), stock tires, etc. I also went on a racetrack 3 times, and realised that now it's not the power that limits the performance, but the tyres (and the driver :D) so I have no plans in trying to squeeze any additional bhps.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:15 am 

Very nice, that's some healthy figures for a decent size car! Are you on the briskoda forum by any chance?
I wouldn't mind trying to get a few more horses out of mine, and with a couple more hardware mods and a stage 2 software upgrade I think it should push figures to around the 220-230bhp mark. Aside from costing a bit, I'd be afraid it would start affecting the longevity of the engine and cause some unwanted problems in the future. And I'm planning on keeping it a while longer too.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:54 am 

No, I was planning to register there when I got some problems with the timing chain tensioner (around 40kkm) but I gave up.
I had the bad model of tensioner, used until April 2010, and it showed its weakness when the car had around 40.000kms. I was lucky enough to have some simptoms and a clear error code without having a catastrophic failure of the timing.
P0016 CMP Sensor (G40) / Engine Speed Sensor (G28): Incorrect Correlation
Misfires,
P0238 (knock sensors too high)...

Hopefully the tensioner I have now is problem free, it's a different model.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:24 pm 

You should register, it's a great place. Anymore plans for your Superb?