Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:07 pm 

Drives: 2007/57 Smart Fortwo
I am moving on from the bug, I put a deposit down on a 2007 Smart Fortwo Passion Coupe C451 Turbo 999cc 84bhp

So I will be selling the bug, I just wanted an automatic and have always liked the size of the Smart cars. I always drive alone so didn't need the rear seat capacity. Just have to sell my bug now that could take sometime.

Smart Radio 9
Panoramic Sunroof
Luggage Compartment Cover
Softouch Automatic Gear Programme
Bodypanels & Tridion Cell in Silver Metallic
15" Alloy Wheels

Last edited by nlel on Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:40 pm 

Drives: Citroen C1 1.0 2011
Have you made a drivetest with the Smart? How does it feel? It's still the old model, so I suppose it's a used car.

I only drove used Smarts 3 or 4 times, and every time I felt ... like they are very cheap, with a lot of parasite noises (rattles, dashboard squeaking, etc). I felt like the whole car was duct taped, and usually overrated (I was looking to buy one before getting the C1).
C1 feels cheap but honest and solid. I wonder if you won't regret replacing your car, especially if you have to pay any extra money for this.

Why don't you buy a scooter? :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:50 pm 

Sometimes in life you just have to take a risk, and I am buying it from a reputable dealer. I managed to negotiate a 20% discount but it was way overpriced to begin with. Although cars here in Jersey tend to be more expensive then the UK as there is a limited amount of dealers and cars available and they sometimes have lower mileage. I will be much happier when I have sold my 107, as I have a £ 500 deposit on the Smart car at the moment which means they will hold onto it for me.

Smart Radio 9
Panoramic Sunroof
15" Alloy Wheels

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:51 pm 

Drives: 108 Top! Allure 1.2
Is it the one with flappy padels, had a shot of one was a blast a like them though if I was to do any maintenance on them no thanks haha top tip a think the window washer refill in under the black grills by the wiper quick realese screw I belive ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:47 pm 
Area Rep

Drives: Citroën C1
I think its a bit big for you nlel?? Dont think you can park that easily in your special space, specially if you struggle with the 107.

Make sure you get parkig sensors fitted too...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:56 pm 

Drives: C1 VTR+
I had a Smart Passion for 3 years. Only problem I had was a clutch that cost £500. The clutches need to be fitted by a Smart dealer as they are set up with a laptop. Also, the earlier engines are a bit tempermental, the bloke who had mine before me, spent almost a grand having the engine rebuilt after 6000 miles!!! Also you need a special tool to remove the spark plud leads - I have 2 that I will be putting up for sale at some time. This is the tool - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Smart ... 1c49e53aba

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:20 pm 

Drives: 2006 C1
Never driven one, know I don't like the look of them but that's personal. Engine rebuild in 6k don't sound good. You could always have the rear seats removed and a wooden plate cut out, covered in a velvet or velour colour to match your car or your makeup :-) then you don't have to join the smart forums

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:48 pm 

Drives: was VTR 2009
I've driven them, and on Jersey roads too; nlel that has got to be the perfect Jersey car. Much like the bugs, you'd be amazed at how much stuff you can pack into them.

I had one as a hotel hire-car lots of times when I was over and they are an absolute blast round those little narrow roads. Sadly I have the use of a sodding great van now, so I don't get to drive them anymore.

I even know that garage (I think) - the one up by the airport by any chance?

The only thing I would say is drive it before you commit yourself, even the 'manual' gearbox ones aren't really manual, and the gearchange really takes some getting used to, as you have to time the gearchanges really well to get them smooth.

You'll love it - I think they're great little cars.

edit: I hope this doesn't mean you'll be leaving C1oc...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:43 pm 

Drives: 2006 C1
You where chucking it around because if it broke someone else got the bill. Still Niel only pops out now and again :-)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:28 am 

Poshweb wrote:
I had a Smart Passion for 3 years. Only problem I had was a clutch that cost £500. The clutches need to be fitted by a Smart dealer as they are set up with a laptop.

The one I am interested in is a Semi-Automatic so there is no clutch. I intend to use it in the fully automatic mode.

Smart Radio 9
Panoramic Sunroof
15" Alloy Wheels

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next