Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:57 pm 

Drives: 2008 Citroen C1 Code
nlel wrote:
Where I live there is no way to charge an electric vehicle so its not an option and I don't see so for the foreseeable future.

That's the big flaw with EVs for so many people, trading charging leads across public pavements just isn't going to happen so for many city dwellers (where EVs should be the better choice) there are a non-starter 8-)

Sadly missed - 2006 Audi RS4 Avant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:04 pm 

Drives: 2019 Smart Fortwo
PetrolDave wrote:
That's the big flaw with EVs for so many people, trading charging leads across public pavements just isn't going to happen so for many city dwellers (where EVs should be the better choice) there are a non-starter 8-)

Yeah and even if I could charge it, I couldn’t afford a new one in the first place. They’re like £ 20,000 for a coupe model. I’m getting a Cabrio petrol for £ 15,000 once I have that £ 1000 back.

Heated Seats & Air Con
Rear Parking Sensors
White with 15” Alloys

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:26 pm 

Drives: 2007 C1
nlel wrote:
PetrolDave wrote:

Yeah and even if I could charge it, I couldn’t afford a new one in the first place. They’re like £ 20,000 for a coupe model. I’m getting a Cabrio petrol for £ 15,000 once I have that £ 1000 back.

There are several locations run by Jersey Electric (admittedly all are in the capital). But as you live on a small island with a 40mph speed limit an electric car is very well suited. If you look on ZapMap you will see the locations run by Jersey Electric (Evolve Club). Just pop it on charge while you do a bit of shopping or a spot of lunch.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:32 pm 

GavJ wrote:

There are several locations run by Jersey Electric (admittedly all are in the capital). But as you live on a small island with a 40mph speed limit an electric car is very well suited. If you look on ZapMap you will see the locations run by Jersey Electric (Evolve Club). Just pop it on charge while you do a bit of shopping or a spot of lunch.

That’s good to know, then it just comes down the fact that I only had £ 16,000 to spend and that’s all I had. It would have taken me at least another year to save £ 20,000. I don’t feel like I am buying an obsolete model as they will continue to be sold as petrol versions in China past 2020.

Heated Seats & Air Con
Rear Parking Sensors
White with 15” Alloys

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:55 pm 

Visited the dealer today and saw an after sales guy about cosmetic damage protection in the first three years.

Option 1: Cosmetic Accident Repair Solutions £ 599
Option 2: Alloy Wheel Insurance £ 299
Option 3: Tyre Insurance £ 399
Option 4: Retail Price Protection £ 299

I could have all four for £ 1298

I've decided to take out the Cosmetic Accident Repair Solutions for £ 599 which covers me for any scuffs, dents etc in the first three years of ownership.

Oh and my insurers charged me £ 12 to change my cover to my new car, I expect my premium will rise though in April.

Heated Seats & Air Con
Rear Parking Sensors
White with 15” Alloys

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:15 pm 

I had strange issue with a Kingston DataTraveller G4 8GB USB drive and my new cars head unit. Basically the head unit couldn’t see the USB drive.

I tried everything but nothing worked because it couldn’t see the drive let alone read its contents. It said USB detected then No multimedia content found.

I even tried a program to check whether the drive was fake but it passed with flying colors. Ended up ordering an Integral 64GB USB 2.0 drive from Amazon for £ 3.74 ex VAT along with some new socks to make up an order over £ 20 to qualify for free delivery.

Anyway the head unit can see the new drive and it’s working perfectly, strange that a reputable drive brand like Kingston would have such problems.

Heated Seats & Air Con
Rear Parking Sensors
White with 15” Alloys

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:29 pm 

I’m probably going to take out a 36 month 3 service plan costing £ 756 at my local Smart franchise. It covers me for 3 annual services, a minor A service followed by a major B service with brake fluid change followed by a minor C service.

I’m going to pay upfront so will be covered until February 2023.

Heated Seats & Air Con
Rear Parking Sensors
White with 15” Alloys