Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:10 pm 

Drives: 2019 Smart Fortwo
The only real issue with paying up front is if they go out of business. My friends mum worked for them back in the sixties so they’ve been in business at least fifty years.

twinamic 6-speed dual clutch transmission
White Bodypanels & Black Tridion
15” Alloy Wheels

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:54 pm 

Drives: 2008 Citroen C1 Code
nlel wrote:
they’ve been in business at least fifty years.

Remember the old saying - "past performance is no indication of future results". Business is very different now from how it was in the 1960's.

I have a friend who lost nearly all his savings when Rolls-Royce went bust in 1971... so I'm very wary of any business who has a significant amount of my money.

Sadly missed - 2006 Audi RS4 Avant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:59 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
I'm with Dave, would paid balance on delivery, at least you paid some on credit card so hopefully got protection via that, now they got your money if they start messing you about you got no leverage and if you had put that money in savings account until delivery you at least got some petrol money with the interest!, instead them getting it.

Hopefully all goes well, but in my experiance we not had entirely smooth process buying our 107 or 108 from franchised Peugeot dealerships, despite their 'promises', the cars have been great, but sales experiance was a little wanting!

P.S. Just to spread the love, buying my Ford Mondeo from franchised Ford dealer was also bit of a pain, the parts department lovely chaps, the sales guys were a right bunch of t*ss*ers!, but again a great car, I see a pattern here :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:27 pm 

Yeah the parts department are very good. They only charge the ex VAT price plus Jerseys 5% GST. The first thing I am going to buy are a set of official floor mats which are £ 37.97 inc GST at the main dealer.

There is no way you could get them for that price online the cheapest on eBay are £ 42 with a £ 4.99 delivery charge but UK VAT would be part of that and they don't even deliver to Jersey anyway.

15” Alloy Wheels

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:40 pm 

Weirdly, that Ford parts department was too good, went in for some bits for my Orion and came out the a Mondeo!, you will be pleased to know those 'sales' guys were so good it is now a Lidl :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:54 pm 

They’ve changed owners over the years, it’s not owned by the same people who owned it in the sixties...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-30574997

15” Alloy Wheels

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:05 pm 

Funny how dealerships are intertwined, our Ford dealership sales forecourt was taken over by BMW many years ago, both owned by same company then it was less obvious, so BMW got main road forecourt lots passing trade and still trading today and poor old Ford got shunted to dead end trading estate and ceased trading within a few years.

Today dealerships happily advertise their multi-brand offerings, we got our Peugeot 108 from Peugeot main dealer, but their parts department had Vauxhall and Hyundai logos proudly displayed, cos they part of the same group, years ago that would be a no-no, but times change!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:28 am 

Drives: 2006 C1
I think the same sort of semi-takeover happened here my Citroen Dealer has no big sign any more it's full of Mazda they still do Servicing, parts, same as where l brought my car.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:06 pm 

One good thing if it’s delivered in March, it will mean it’s a 19 plate. In Jersey we don’t go by plates just the month, day and year it was registered. So if it was delivered in January it would be a 2019 same as if it was in December a 2019.

15” Alloy Wheels

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:27 pm 

Well I had a phone call from my dealer yesterday, they can no longer get the Prime Sport version of the Smart so asked me if I wanted the Prime version instead. The reason is Smart are phasing out petrol engine cars in Europe by 2020 so the Prime Sport is the first to go.

I can still get the Prime Premium petrol version and have been promised £ 1000 back because of the lower spec. They are already electric only in the USA and China will be the only market where new petrol engine Smart cars will exist post 2020.

Where I live there is no way to charge an electric vehicle so its not an option and I don't see so for the foreseeable future.

The car should be delivered within the next week.

15” Alloy Wheels

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next