Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:20 pm 

Drives: 107 Urban Lite
Unfortunately, this has been prompted by some strife on a motorbike forum. A member went of a group ride organsied through the forum, fell off, and is now suing the sites owners and staff. Therefore we now have this disclaimer.

Legal Disclaimer: I understand that during my participation in any C1OC/Citybug Club meet or event organised on these forums I may be exposed to a variety of hazards and risks, foreseen or unforeseen, which are inherent in each event and cannot be eliminated without destroying the unique character of the meet. These inherent risks include, but are not limited to, the dangers of serious personal injury, property damage, and death (“Injuries and Damages”) from exposure to the hazards of travel or attendance and I confirm that the C1OC/Citybug Club have not tried to contradict or minimize my understanding of these risks. I know that Injuries and Damages can occur by natural causes or activities of other persons, animals, trip members, trip leaders and assistants or third parties, either as a result of negligence or because of other reasons. I understand that risks of such Injuries and Damages are involved in such events as in any other public activity and I appreciate that I may have to exercise extra care for my own person and for others around me in the face of hazards. I further understand that on these meets there may not be rescue or medical facilities or expertise necessary to deal with the Injuries and Damages to which I may be exposed.

In consideration for my acceptance as a participant on these meets or events, and the services and amenities that may be provided by the C1OC/Citybug Club in connection with any event, I confirm my understanding that:

•I have read any rules and conditions applicable to the Event made available to me; I will pay any costs and fees for the Event; and I acknowledge my participation is at the discretion of the Area Rep or Club Management.

•The meet or event officially begins and ends at the location(s) designated by the C1OC/Citybug Club. The event does not include carpooling, transportation, or transit to and from the meet or event, and I am personally responsible for all risks associated with this travel.

•This Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by law. If any provision or any part of any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or legally unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of this Agreement shall not be affected thereby and shall remain valid and fully enforceable.

•To the fullest extent allowed by law, I agree to WAIVE, DISCHARGE CLAIMS, AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY the C1OC/Citybug Club, its officers, directors, agents, and leaders from any and all liability on account of, or in any way resulting from Injuries and Damages, even if caused by negligence of C1OC/Citybug Club its officers, directors, agents, and leaders, in any way connected with this Outing. I further agree to HOLD HARMLESS the C1OC/Citybug Club, its officers, directors, agents, and leaders from any claims, damages, injuries or losses caused by my own negligence while a participant on the outing. I understand and intend that this assumption of risk and release is binding upon my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, and includes any minors accompanying me on the Outing.

•I have read this document in its entirety and I freely and voluntarily assume all risks of such Injuries and Damages and notwithstanding such risks, I agree to participate in the meet or event.

By attending or travelling to attend any meet, event, rally or other public gathering organised via the C1OC/Citybug Club web forum, I agree that I have read and agree to the above statement.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]