Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:10 pm 

Your tints look great, but the company should be doing them for free given that they've decided to use your rear window for some free advertising! Spoils the looks a little bit - hope you'll be ripping it off?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:02 am 

Drives: 09 - C1 VTR
romford4 wrote:
Your tints look great, but the company should be doing them for free given that they've decided to use your rear window for some free advertising! Spoils the looks a little bit - hope you'll be ripping it off?

Yeah I was thinking that the other day when I had a quick look. Still looks good though.

I've always wondered, what are the laws on tinted windows?

C1 09 Reg - 5 doors VTR - Carlinite Grey - Safety Pack included.

Previous (and first) car was a Renault Clio 1994 which I had scrapped for £2000 for the C1.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:06 am 

The front windows have to let 70 % light in at least or something around that, then i think you can have anything on the rear.

Current Mods:
Glovebox lid
Pioneer TS-G1002i speakers in front dash

Future Mods:
Active Sub for under seat
Window tints
Rear Spoiler
Alloys

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:43 pm 

Drives: C1,VX220,Ibiza,MR2
romford4 wrote:

Sorry but thats aload of tosh mate. Remind me to ask for free Toyo tyres, because it has "Toyo" on the side giving them free advertising!

Infact on that basis, should Roc have paid to display the C1OC sticker, and not the other way round? Oh wait infact why are we paying for cars? Just for them to put their badges advertising its theirs on it? Im heading straight over to the Austin Martin garage right now, to demand my free DBS :lol:

Little stretched but I found it funny atleast.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:13 pm 

Nice, well thought out mods.

Love the cheeky "front end out" pic.

Mint.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:59 am 

T. Spark wrote:
romford4 wrote:

Sorry but thats aload of tosh mate. Remind me to ask for free Toyo tyres, because it has "Toyo" on the side giving them free advertising!

Infact on that basis, should Roc have paid to display the C1OC sticker, and not the other way round? Oh wait infact why are we paying for cars? Just for them to put their badges advertising its theirs on it? Im heading straight over to the Austin Martin garage right now, to demand my free DBS :lol:

Disagree T.Spark. Amy has paid for the service of having Luminex (or whatever brand of tint it is) fitted to her car. The product itself isn't branded, but the person she's paid to fit it has decided to put their own advertising on her car. Would you take your car to your local garage for a service or for a couple of new tyres and expect to receive it back with a graphic on the back window advertising that that garage did your service or fitted your tyres. Course not... they're taking the piss!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:06 am 

Must say that the mods are tasteful and look really nice, the only part of your car that looks rubbish now are the wheels. You need some alloys on that ASAP. IMO the trims on the old C1 looked better.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:04 pm 

Drives: C1,VX220,Ibiza,MR2
romford4 wrote:
T. Spark wrote:
romford4 wrote:

Disagree T.Spark. Amy has paid for the service of having Luminex (or whatever brand of tint it is) fitted to her car. The product itself isn't branded, but the person she's paid to fit it has decided to put their own advertising on her car. Would you take your car to your local garage for a service or for a couple of new tyres and expect to receive it back with a graphic on the back window advertising that that garage did your service or fitted your tyres. Course not... they're taking the piss!

I agree in concept its out of order for any company to do such. However for the likes of a service no skill is involved, yet ive heard of dealers changing the reg plates to add their name on the bottom, and just that you mention. Now me personally, id kick the hell off. However in circumstances where a product is done right, and to great quality, with the owners permission why not show off who did them? I myself have a tuning company's (infact several) on my track car, as they have done great work, so why not?

I think the point of, it would take two seconds to take it off, and in theory she got £20 off the 'usual' price makes a smaller sticker, that IMHO sits fine below the C1OC vinyl is worth it ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:21 pm 

Drives: 09 - C1 VTR
Do you reckon tintstudio.co.uk put their adverts on the conservatories they do? :P

C1 09 Reg - 5 doors VTR - Carlinite Grey - Safety Pack included.

Previous (and first) car was a Renault Clio 1994 which I had scrapped for £2000 for the C1.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:31 pm 

Drives: C1 VTR 2009
I upgraded my front speakers and put in some rear speakers on the 2nd June 2009, I changed the fronts from the standard speakers to Alpine SXE-1025S's and put in rear speakers which are Alpine SXE-1325S's. Here are a few pictures of them being installed.

These are the front speakers.

This is one of the front speakers in place.

This is the cover for the front speaker which had to be cut down in order for it to clip back on.

These are the rear speakers.

These are the speakers which have been fitted into the parcel shelf.

I will be fitting the Alpine 9853r Headunit when I get a connector cable, so will get some pictures of this when I do so.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next