Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: My C1 VTR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:11 pm 

Drives: '13 C1VTR
I thought that I would throw a few pictures of my little Citybug up on here to show what I have done to it so far on this, my 1 week anniversary of ownership of my little triple.

On day 1 I had a message at work letting me know that I would be leaving a little late.

I borrowed a tyre pump form a friend and got home before it went flat again. It turns out that the flat IS the spare, in the boot was a tyre which had taken enough of an impact to dent the rim and when I hammered the dent out I got it to seal and inflate, it looked like this..

It held the front corner off the ground while my dad took the punctured spare to be plugged.

Moving on to some little modifications
A decent Kenwood DAB head unit with Android Auto.

And it's USB connector which can also charge my phone, nice.

Dab antenna and a dash cam.

On to today, since one Goodyear was beyond repair and the rears were original to the car and nearing the wear bars I have had a set of Continental All Season Contacts fitted, and the original spare is back in the boot.

I think they look good and the car handles well on them as it should, they won the Auto Express tyre test. and £60 a corner fitted was not unreasonable.

Post subject: Re: My C1 VTR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:05 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Looking good, a lot progress in a week, always nice adding your own personal touches, keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:16 pm 

Drives: 2008 Peugeot 107
Looks good! Replacing the stock speakers makes a huge difference to the sound. Don't know where in the world you live but around here all season tyres are… never good. They doesn't cope with proper winter weather and in summertime they will get soft and squishy, making the stopping distance way longer than it should be and they also wear out much quicker than a proper summer tyre.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:25 pm 

In my part of the UK we rarely get snow in winter so they should be okay. I also tend to have a relaxed driving style, this car is about saving a bit of money so after this initial round of spending it will be left alone and I already had the head unit.

No car that I have ever been in can compare to the bike so if I need speed thrills I get the big KTM out (1290 SuperDuke GT)

A glove box lid showed up today for an Aygo, and that's it, no hinges or screws or check strap... So, pretty useless.

I am searching online to try to find a detailed parts list for the Aygo like I had for my old BMW (you can fine the part number for everything down to individual pins for wiring connectors for those) but sadly nothing is showing up.

Edit, rang the local Toyota dealer and ordered a 2nd glove box, see if that comes with the clips and screws. The parts guy said there was no colour choice though so I might still use the one that I have and have a spare.
Knowing me I will use the clips as a pattern and make my own then sell a full kit on here. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:25 pm 

Collected the Toyota glove box lid today and it's grey, so I have taken it apart to transfer the check strap to the Black one from Ebay and will fit that later on when one of the plastic hooks is repaired, sat with Gorilla glue on it at the moment.

I did put the grey lid on just to see what it looked like.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:59 pm 

Black one is now fitted

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:25 am 
Area Rep

Drives: Citroën C1
That’s my next job to get my glovebox swapped.

The handle on the c1/107 version fell apart after 8years so I know have the sturdier aygo type

Alfa Romeo 159 Turismo Sport
Renault 5 Auto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:29 am 

Drives: 2008 Peugeot 107
I think i'll have to buy a glovebox lid for my car.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:31 pm 

Boredom + Ebay + an idea = I have just bought a Left hand drive speedo and rev counter.

The plan is to gut the rev counter and fit a temperature gauge in there, trim out my speedo cover and have a nice neat install which may or may not look like Micky mouse... 84mm dial face, big gauge required.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:26 am 

Drives: 2008 Citroen C1 Code
Stonesie wrote:
The plan is to gut the rev counter and fit a temperature gauge in there, trim out my speedo cover and have a nice neat install which may or may not look like Micky mouse... 84mm dial face, big gauge required.

Please post pictures when you've got it fitted, that sounds very interesting - not having a water temperature gauge just seems 'wrong'.

Sadly missed - 2006 Audi RS4 Avant