Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: My 107 Envy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:55 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Looking good, bet that lot sounds way better. Good to see another dash speaker option that works well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:14 am 

Drives: Peugeot 107 Envy '13
Steve107 wrote:
Looking good, bet that lot sounds way better. Good to see another dash speaker option that works well.

Hadn't properly tested it yet, but paired my phone this morning (while commuting to work) and it sounded awesome :) Indeed a lot better then before, much more clarity. I've also filtered the low tones from the dashboard speakers as I have the underseat subwoofer and don't want the tiny dashboard speakers to TRY to produce bass. Sounds good right now!

Maybe a bit more tweaking, but I'm happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:20 pm 

Drives: 2008 Peugeot 107
NoscopeDog wrote:
Fredrik M wrote:
Nice work, i wish i had the door speakers too.

They aren't the great though. But i'm planning to replace those soon too. For sure now I've heard the improvement of the dash speakers: more clarity and doesn't distort on higher volumes

I'll probably replace the door speakers next week :D

Okey, the tweeters you removed looks a million times better than the speakers i removed from the dashboard so i assumed they where ok at least.

What are you planning to use for the doors? I'm thinking getting a two way speaker system and use the woofer and crossover only could work?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:08 pm 

So I had time today and finished my plan to upgrade the speakers.
Grabbed some Sony XS-FB1620E speaker (16.5cm) because they are pretty shallow (aren't any bigger then the stock speakers), so the windows will still roll down and up. Why this speaker? Well it would fit, so that's important, but because I've already replaced my dashboard speakers with Sony's from the same series (FB1030) and was happy about them, I thought this would be a good choice. Besides that, I thought the would sound the same because they are the same series, which would make it easier to tune both.

Removed the door panel

New speaker (Sony above) and old speaker (below)

And fitted on the door panel

And it's done! Need to tune it a little more, but it sounds awesome already. Much better then the stock speakers (the inside 'tweeter' was of paper).

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:11 pm 

Also bought the new 108 seats today!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:15 pm 

Fredrik M wrote:
NoscopeDog wrote:
Fredrik M wrote:
Nice work, i wish i had the door speakers too.

They aren't the great though. But i'm planning to replace those soon too. For sure now I've heard the improvement of the dash speakers: more clarity and doesn't distort on higher volumes

I'll probably replace the door speakers next week :D

Okey, the tweeters you removed looks a million times better than the speakers i removed from the dashboard so i assumed they where ok at least.

What are you planning to use for the doors? I'm thinking getting a two way speaker system and use the woofer and crossover only could work?

Yup, the stock tweeters were pretty good actually. But only when I replaced the head unit. With the stock HU they sounded pretty bad. After upgrading the HU they sounded way better, but with higher volumes they would distort. On my Pioneer HU it was around volume 38. After that the music sounded bad and distorted.

With the new speakers I can go way higher (48) and it doesn't distort. I didn't really try harder because then my ears would explode.

The door now has 2-way speakers, the dashboard 3-way speakers. Both Sony FB series. The 2-way and 3-way are just coincidence because the other one weren't in stock.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:25 am 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
They look and hopefully sound a lot better, good to see another door speaker choice, as you say choice can be limited, I went Kenwood cos being bit old skool and not having stock door speakers fitted , I wanted traditional 'grill' type front cover to protect speaker, see a lot 'modern' speakers have fancy plastic covers now, looked nice but the protection element seemed secondary.

Good luck with the 108 seats, let us know how you get on fitting them.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:30 pm 

Drives: Pug 107 2007
Very good info NoscopeDog! :thumbs: I'm glad I found your write about Kenwood sub! Just today I bought new Sony headunit and at the same time I noticed similar Kenwood & Ground Zero subwoofers outlet-sale on local shop. I thought this could be just enough for me with new 4" speakers on dash. And here you go doing the exact thing! :mrgreen:

From your pictures Kenwood is biggest I coud fit under front seat? Ground Zero GZTB 20ACT would also be tempting but its 40-50mm larger sideways so it might be tight fit. :|

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:59 am 

TomiKoo wrote:
Very good info NoscopeDog! :thumbs: I'm glad I found your write about Kenwood sub! Just today I bought new Sony headunit and at the same time I noticed similar Kenwood & Ground Zero subwoofers outlet-sale on local shop. I thought this could be just enough for me with new 4" speakers on dash. And here you go doing the exact thing! :mrgreen:

From your pictures Kenwood is biggest I coud fit under front seat? Ground Zero GZTB 20ACT would also be tempting but its 40-50mm larger sideways so it might be tight fit. :|

Sorry mate, i've missed your message.

Kenwoord isn't the biggest that would fit, but I just slighted the sub to that corner. There's still room at the right. If you want, I can make a photo, but maybe you've already bought the sub.

Steve107 wrote:
They look and hopefully sound a lot better, good to see another door speaker choice, as you say choice can be limited, I went Kenwood cos being bit old skool and not having stock door speakers fitted , I wanted traditional 'grill' type front cover to protect speaker, see a lot 'modern' speakers have fancy plastic covers now, looked nice but the protection element seemed secondary.

Good luck with the 108 seats, let us know how you get on fitting them.

Thanks! They sound a lot better indeed :) I think you made a good choice, if i didn't had stock speakers in the door i don't think i would buy these speakers. The grill is a bit 'too much' .

I hope to fit the 108 seats (just noticed they are actually Aygo seats, but whatever) this week :D

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:12 pm 

Drives: 2008 Peugeot 107
NoscopeDog wrote:
So I had time today and finished my plan to upgrade the speakers...

Nice work with replacing the door speakers, i think it was a wise choice to get speakers of the same brand and series to get the same sound from all front speakers.

TomiKoo wrote:

If you wan't more bass and is willing to sacrifice a very small amount of your boot i can really recommend this little guy, the amount of bass it puts out is huge for it's small size.
https://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/car-audio-subwoofer-box-dieci-dba200-3/

Installed in my car.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next