Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:49 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 11:00 am 

Drives: 2008 Peugeot 107
wee mac wrote:
God the cables under the rear bench seat. Coming straight out the middle.

If it is easy to lift the rear seat and there is room maybe i'll do that, i'm thinking of getting some cable sleeving and just let it cover the cables.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 3:05 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
I thought you'd run them down the sides, as you say I've always tried keep power and phono cables separate, but that not always possible, but I never had interference problems in years of ICE installs, had other problems, but not that, so as said the shielding must be pretty good. I've used that type cable sleeving, good stuff just make sure you get correct diameter for size of cables/plugs to go thru, i've made that mistake.

The bass box itself looks great fit for our ickle boots, so if it sounds as good as it looks sure it's a winner.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 7:39 am 

Steve107 wrote:
I thought you'd run them down the sides, as you say I've always tried keep power and phono cables separate, but that not always possible, but I never had interference problems in years of ICE installs, had other problems, but not that, so as said the shielding must be pretty good. I've used that type cable sleeving, good stuff just make sure you get correct diameter for size of cables/plugs to go thru, i've made that mistake.

The bass box itself looks great fit for our ickle boots, so if it sounds as good as it looks sure it's a winner.

I did run the cables at the drivers side for a car with the steering wheel och the left side, as said by other members it was easy to remove the panels, lift the rubber seals for the doors and unclip the carpet. My first thought was to run the cables on each side of the car but when i stood there with everything in pieces i took the easy route and placed both power and rca cable at the same side, thinking that it will be so much tidier in the rear if every cable enters the trunk from the same side. So i ended up routing those cables at the same side, i bolted the ground wire in the attachment for the rear seats foldable back rest. I removed the plastic cover, unbolted one of the screws and attached the cable to it with a soldered on ring terminal so as it is now all three cables enters the boot at the same location.

The RCA cable is way too long, but shortening it is out of the question, a sleeve will probably cover it up, i have used that type of sleeving quite a lot, building my own nice looking speaker cables for the living room and installing a complete wiring harness in a colleagues Chevrolet from 1953, he wanted as little visible cables in the engine compartment as possible so for the cables to the top of the engine we used this type of sleeving and shrink tubing to get a real stealthy look.

If it is possible i may try to route the last bit of the cables under the rear seat as suggested by wee mac by entering it from the side and just hide it under the cushion.

Have some ideas to make the trunk side of the back rests much nicer too, i don't know what has happened to the painted part, the sun must be baked the upper part really good. More pics will come.

I think the box sounds really good and for the price i paid, 1.600 SEK or £132 i can't complain at all. In total i have spent about 4.000 SEK ( £330 ) on speakers including the box, head unit and cables and the difference to the stock things is huge, so worth it as i spend two hours a day in my little bug.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 10:05 am 

I have got questions of what brand my alloys are, they are Inter Action Wheels and model is sport.

https://www.interactionvelgen.nl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:23 pm 

And the award for largest exhaust pipe goes to…

I had this pipe on the Volvo, but since it is my wife that drives that car 99% of the time and she is not to fond of it i unmounted it and just had to try it on my little Bug.
It will probably not stay there for long though, i have a bike muffler that i really would like to replace the rear muffler with.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:40 am 

Drives: Peugeot 107 Envy '13
Haha, that's a big one. Looks funny though.