Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:15 am 

Drives: Toyota Aygo
Morning folks, and a Happy New Year to you all.

So in 2018, we built a Suzuki Swift Sport to compete in the Javelin Sprint Series, and to good effect, i had two class wins at the back end of the season.

I was using the Swift as my daily driver, and it was becoming too much for the road, and i was putting some proper mileage on it.

I looked about for a cheap and economical daily driver, so i turned my attention to an early Aygo.

To cut a long story short, i ended up buying a 2006 Aygo with 69k on the clock. Needed a little bit of cosmetics but otherwise it was ideal.

It has really got me hooked on the little beasts! It handles alright for what it was, and stopped really well too.

Along with the Javelin Sprint Series, there is the Toyota Sprint Series too, in which a mate of mine uses his Aygo.

Ok, so it doesn't compete up the top end of the leader board but it certainly beats a lot quicker cars!

I've decided to compete in both Sprint Series this year!

Javelin in the Swift, Toyota in the Aygo.

In accordance to the regulations, i have fitted some suspension that's the same as the C1 Racing Series use, KYB Excel Gas Shockers, and Apex Springs.

It handles really really well now, and when i get the tyres sorted, and some poly bushes, i can only see that improving!

So ill keep this thread up to date with work done to the car, and results from the Sprints.

The first round is Cadwell Park April 6th...come and see what its all about!

Oh, and the Aygo is still staying as my daily!