Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Kari (My 107)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:00 am 

Drives: Peugeot 107 Envy '13
Always good when our black bugs shine after a good washing. Did mine this weekend too, will open a topic of my own in the gallery section.

Like your rims :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:56 pm 

Drives: 14 Plate Peugeot 107

Not much changed exterior-wise, but couple updated images of Kari. Can't even say it's a good comparison of wax products, as newer images are in less-suitable lighting, so everything seems duller than older images.

However, last uploads were using Dodo Juice Blue wax. This set is Dodo Juice Purple Haze wax, and Meguiars Fast Finish on top of that (though not with an excessively long cure time for the dodo juice). Beading seems better than last time (though could be I've gotten better at cleaning/waxing, even if I don't do it that often xD).

All Glass was done with Meguiars Glass compound (essentially a liquid claybar for glass), then their Invisible Glass cleaner, then their Glass sealer (essentially their version of Rain-X)

When doing the glass, the compound/ buff off of that made me worry a little, as it made a lot of previously non-visible cracks/ faint scratches visible. But it seems just to be that dirt/etc had sort of covered over them. The 'new' faint cracks/ scratches became invisible again when cleaned then sealed. Suggests the compound was effective. I'm impressed with the beading on the glass now, compared to Rain-X.

With Rain-X I found the 'vanishing' effect ( ie when most water immediately slides off screen when driving, meaning you hardly need wipers even in heavy rain) only really kicked in at 50mph+ Visibility was still good compared to untreated windscreen though.
With Meguiars sealant (after compound and their glass cleaner), same effect is apparent at 30mph, which is ideal as I'm driving in the city/area typically half the time. However I don't know whether it's the product(s), or the compounding maybe leaving the windscreen smoother/ better prepped for Sealant application than my previous claybar attempts when using Rain-X that is the benefit here.

Found a tiny bit of water in boot (as in swimming pool for ants volume, so not much), but couldn't find any signs of where it was from. However, seeing the movement of the third/high level brake light cover when testing it, knowing how the car has been parked (half on pavement, and pointing uphill, which would send water into the corner it was at), I've sealed the light with clear silicone sealant, and haven't seem any more water despite some rainfall since.

Also, I've done some soundproofing (SilentCoat 10 soundproofing/ insulating sheets in both front footwells, as far back as the seats (I didn't remove the seats, and with some faff managed to lift the carpet enough to do all exposed flooring from front mounting points of seats forwards), and partially in both door skins. Also mostly covered spare wheel well/ boot floor (with the amount of sheets I had - used 40 of the sheets to do it all so far). Got flashing tape due to be delivered at some point in the next hour or so, so when I next get a day off/ suitable weather I'll look at doing rest of boot floor, and possibly removing rear seats and interior panel trims to do under/ behind them and the rear wheel arches).

Whist carpet was up I properly laid the wiring for the heated passenger mirror under the carpet now (instead of it being under the seats, but on top of the carpets xD). Thinking on it now, I probably should have redone the passenger light switch wiring and rerouted it under the carpets by the front seats too (instead of leaving it as it is, run round the sides, and behind the rear seats). But Will see what removing rear seats/ etc brings when I do more soundproofing in the back. (And hopefully, whilst I'm not expecting miracles, the silent coat mats will have a noticeable effect, as well as having stopped the squeaking of the polystyrene against the metal floor/ rubber area of driver carpet (the bit under the accelerator pedal raised part/ 'foot rest'), which has been annoying me for a while now xD. Testing it before and after install, and before refitting the carpet the SC under the sytreme, and another bit on top has done the job.)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:20 pm 

Drives: 14 Plate Peugeot 107
Gave Kari a clean today. Was a half-hearted one to be honest (though I took time to try and give windscreen a good clean/clay/ seal).

Partially de-badged the rear, and gave her a little 'upgrade'. Can't decide if I want to remove the Peugeot Lion badge or not, so it's still on currently.

At somepoint I need to try and get a looong power reel or something, and a machine polisher to sort some issues (a few small scratches / stonechips that I've 'botched' with paint repair pen, so they aren't overly bad, but seen someone has decided to use the rear as a guide to parking (badly) whilst I'm at work, so need to do that more properly (as it's gonna take ages to try and hide it with the paint pen - really needs proper sanding and spraying with the size of the area). Paint is gone in scratches/ spots of the area, but not through to metal, so I've cleaned and waxed over the area to try and prevent it getting wors in the interim.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:09 am 

Drives: 2008 Peugeot 107
Looks good, love the Tardis badge.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:55 am 

Drives: 2018 C1 1.2 Flair
Fab looking motor, well done! Looks really classy.