Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Kari (My 107)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:44 pm 

Drives: Peugeot 107 Envy '13
Car looks good :) Pretty similar to mine. You also immediately gave me the idea for boot lights, I'll put that on my wishlist.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:29 pm 

Drives: 14 Plate Peugeot 107
Finally, some overdue pics. Needs a bit of a wash, but not too bad.

Front showing the (slightly botched) sunstrip tint (and if you look hard enough, the wing mirror rain covers):

Inside (Driver Side) Showing the Leather Steering wheel cover and new mats:

Centre Console (Side lights on to show heater lighting):

Blue light option for Temp/Clock display (simple switch back of unit)

And close up of the Gear Knob And Gaiter (Bought to more or less match steering wheel cover):

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:22 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Nice pics, love the gear knob,gaiter,steering wheel combo, shows there lots of options out there that work, keep it up!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:11 am 

The leather with with stitches are great! looking real good :)

What information do you have on the center console beside time and temperature? Can't zoom in enough to see it. Edit: Found it by coincidence
The small display below is a TPMS?

Also, did you change the speakers? Of just the head unit, and if only the HU: Did it make your speakers sound better?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:51 pm 

Yeah the display is clock, inside temp, outside temp and battery voltage. (Need to get voltmeter out to compare the reading as that display reads 1-2V above my old/ now spare 12V socket multiplier that had a built in voltage reading. (I suspect the other one is more accurate, but at some point I'll be bothered enough to find out for sure xD) I mainly wanted a clock, and figured temp gauge would be nice, even if not necessarily truly accurate. (The clock on my stereo is in the tiny text under the track name as you can see. The temp doesn't seem to be too bad in terms of accuracy to be honest. At least it reads within a degree of a (not in image) humidity display which also has a thermometer built in, and also the old temp garden in/out temp displays).

And yeah, the small display under is a plug in TPMS. (I run at 33PSI as middle ground between unloaded and loaded car recommendations, so end up at 35/36 when tyres are hot from driving. (Images were taken shortly after getting home from work)

I only changed the headunit. At some point I want to do the speakers, but it's the later model with dash tweeters so not certain what I need to do it properly (since the store kits are for pre dash-tweeter setups). I didn't really pay much attention, but I think the head unit only has made an improvement in sound on the stock speakers (if they are stock - car was 3 years old when I got it, so they may have been done by previous owner, though I doubt it). Though improvement may be partly due to head unit having more customisation on how sound is setup (ie front/rear fading/ left/right balance/ 'special' audio settings/etc).

I do like the steering wheel. It's one of those 'custom fit' ones you stitch on yourself. I fudged the starting/ending around the wheel spokes (and right half of the top wasn't pulled quite tight enough to force the leather to meet properly, but only slightly parted. And I had to do an extra bit at bottom spoke each side as I started a hole too far out so it wasn't tight first time, hence the extra thickness of stitching there). But I don't mind too much, as it's something I did myself and doesn't look too bad.

And the steering wheel stitch colour kinda decided my colours inside really. I was going to go blue trim/etc, but the stitching available for blue version of the wheel cover was too dark, and couldn't find matching colour for mat trim/ gaiter/ gear knob/etc or interior lighting. White is much easier to do and find matching items for.

Can't decide if I want to try and do door handle trims/ air vent trims/etc in white too or not. Doing it would mean more or less a gloss finish, and I prefer the matt of the stock grey for those bits, so not sure if I could get a matt white finish that I'd like for those bits.

Last edited by PirateTimelord on Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:27 am 

Thanks for your reply.

I think you made a good choice with the white/black colors instead of blue. And I like blue very much, but black/white (and black/red) i just better and more classy :)

Quote:
At some point I want to do the speakers, but it's the later model with dash tweeters so not certain what I need to do it properly (since the store kits are for pre dash-tweeter setups).

Yeah I hear you, I want to add rear speakers and a subwoofer but every guide is of the models without door speakers, or without the quad lock connector (I have the bluetooth radio). I want to try it soon, so if i finally know what i'm doing, i will tell you

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:19 pm 

So gave Kari a good wash, an attempt at claybar (though not entirely effective since I've tried to touch up stone chips on bonnet, undoing the smoothness of claying xD). Think I've managed to polish out a couple of scratches/ touch ups I realized after doing I could/should have polished out instead), and an attempt at waxing, with rain-X on the front and rear windscreens, ready for meet tomorrow.

Photos -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:55 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Nice n shiney, good job, love the wheel trims with the chrome centres just ties it in nicely with rest of car. Enjoy the show, think the sunshine is due so bodes well!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:45 pm 
Area Rep

Drives: Citroën C1
Ahhh I know who you are now!!

Good to put a face to a username :wave:

Alfa Romeo 159 Turismo Sport
Renault 5 Auto

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:18 pm 

wee mac wrote: