Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:22 am 

Drives: 2015 Citroen C1 Feel
Cleaned, polished and waxed to bring out its lovely shine.

Serviced the other day, Oil, Air, spark and pollen filter as Citroen reccomends for the Mileage 50k, iridium based ones that last. Car idles and drives so much quieter/smoother.

I have an annoying shock problem where they are noisy over every bump

Also I am keeping my eye out for a standard stereo from the new bugs to keep the stock look and gain the apple carplay/android auto functionality

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:01 pm 

This happened on the way to the shops.....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:18 am 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Always annoying, last flat we had was on my stepdad's Astra last year, got a huge nail/screw in it, luckily tyre could be repaired so was a cheap fix.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:42 am 

Drives: 2006 C1
Looks like you picked up a dent in the rim as well. And it so often happens in the rain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:23 pm 

brixtonboy wrote:
Looks like you picked up a dent in the rim as well. And it so often happens in the rain

Dent was already in the rim, its not caused any issues.

There was a flat sharp looking stone wedged in the tread about the size of a £2 coin.

Fortunately it happened about 15 minute walk away from home so I could get a proper jack and a breaker bar to undo the wheel bolts. I am glad that it didn't happen miles away and in the middle of nowhere as I didn't have my phone...

All sorted now, we have the spare on. The tires on this car need replacing so we are going to wait a couple weeks to get a new set.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:49 am 

Drives: 2008 Citroen C1 Code
danemersonuk wrote:
The tires on this car need replacing so we are going to wait a couple weeks to get a new set.

You must have do high mileage to need new tyres already on a 2015 C1?

Sadly missed - 2006 Audi RS4 Avant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:21 pm 

PetrolDave wrote:
danemersonuk wrote:
The tires on this car need replacing so we are going to wait a couple weeks to get a new set.

You must have do high mileage to need new tyres already on a 2015 C1?
This is on my partners 2006 107

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:26 pm 

Drives: C1 2012; 107 2009
Punctures that happen because of/at the same time as damaged rims are one of the several reasons that I really, really dislike the modern trend of manufacturers putting a tyre-repair goop kit in their vehicles instead of an actual spare wheel (skinny or otherwise). If your rim is knackered to the point of giving you a puncture, a goop kit ain't gonna get you going again.

The last flats that both my wife and I got were because of hitting something on the road and damaging the wheel. My wife hit a rock that fell off a tractor trailer at the side of field and into the road just as she approached.

The one I got was on a stinking day weather-wise. I was well through a 300+ mile journey from Whitby to Aberdeenshire but hit something quite big and metallic hiding under about 8 inches of flood water on the road (the A90 - a major dual carriageway). It ripped the tyre and bust the rim and I had to change the wheel at the side of the road in the foulest rainstorm I've seen... maybe even ever. Seriously, the day was utterly, utterly miserable. Anyway, at least I did have a spare because I was able to get the car going and be on my way again.

If I didn't have a spare, I would have had to call someone out and I could have been sat in the rain waiting for hours; traffic was finding it very difficult to move, roads were blocked left, right and centre, we were getting diverted all over the place so a recovery vehicle would have taken ages. Then I would have had to get a new tyre/wheel somehow or a tow/lift somewhere before I could actually be driving again (it was about 11p.m. on a Sunday night too). I still had about 60 miles to go despite having been on the road for 12 hours - over twice as long as the entire opposite journey had taken me a few days earlier in bright sunshine. I loved that spare tyre! :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:59 pm 

Enjay wrote:
Punctures that happen because of/at the same time as damaged rims are one of the several reasons that I really, really dislike the modern trend of manufacturers putting a tyre-repair goop kit in their vehicles instead of an actual spare wheel (skinny or otherwise). If your rim is knackered to the point of giving you a puncture, a goop kit ain't gonna get you going again.

The last flats that both my wife and I got were because of hitting something on the road and damaging the wheel. My wife hit a rock that fell off a tractor trailer at the side of field and into the road just as she approached.

The one I got was on a stinking day weather-wise. I was well through a 300+ mile journey from Whitby to Aberdeenshire but hit something quite big and metallic hiding under about 8 inches of flood water on the road (the A90 - a major dual carriageway). It ripped the tyre and bust the rim and I had to change the wheel at the side of the road in the foulest rainstorm I've seen... maybe even ever. Seriously, the day was utterly, utterly miserable. Anyway, at least I did have a spare because I was able to get the car going and be on my way again.

If I didn't have a spare, I would have had to call someone out and I could have been sat in the rain waiting for hours; traffic was finding it very difficult to move, roads were blocked left, right and centre, we were getting diverted all over the place so a recovery vehicle would have taken ages. Then I would have had to get a new tyre/wheel somehow or a tow/lift somewhere before I could actually be driving again (it was about 11p.m. on a Sunday night too). I still had about 60 miles to go despite having been on the road for 12 hours - over twice as long as the entire opposite journey had taken me a few days earlier in bright sunshine. I loved that spare tyre! :D

You're right. Damaged Rims are a concern. We were told that the rim is fine by our mechanic. In fact it was a stone that had managed to puncture through the middle of the tyre tread area.

The get-me-home-tyre goop isn't the best, I was fortunate enough to find someone that wanted to by only 3 steel wheels from me when I got my alloys on my car. I now use the last one as a spare in the back with the jacking kit I managed to get off Ebay for a good price. And it is also very handy to have the supplied pump for the tyres.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9