Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users please type the text from the Captcha Box as it is written.

It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:49 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
As you say you should have a can of tyre gunk and air pump, a proper spare wheel/tyre, jack and wheel brace was a cost option. Luckily one of the things I checked for on our 108, and luckily our previous owner ticked that option, so we have one.

I did look into prices for a spare wheel/tyre and jack + wheelbrace a few months back incase I needed one, and they about £80-£100 on the bay /scrap man, I wasn't brave enough to get a dealer price!, I did wonder I could get away with a spare wheel/tyre and jack from older C1/107, our 108 has 15'' tyres but 107 is 14'', but the jacks looked the same. But it would only be for emergencies/get you home scenario, at low speeds, so thought it be ok. Being bit old skool, I prefer proper wheel and tyre, one reasons got our 107 back in the day and also what happens if the tyre gunk won't work cos the tyre's badly damaged!

Just a thought, why not try your old C1s spare and jack on your new C1 and see if it works and jacking points same? and then you know if it fits/drives ok and then get one from the scrap man? I planned trying this little test on our 107 and 108, but in the end didn't need to fortunately.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:41 pm 

Drives: 2015 Citroen C1 Feel
Steve107 wrote:
As you say you should have a can of tyre gunk and air pump, a proper spare wheel/tyre, jack and wheel brace was a cost option. Luckily one of the things I checked for on our 108, and luckily our previous owner ticked that option, so we have one.

I did look into prices for a spare wheel/tyre and jack + wheelbrace a few months back incase I needed one, and they about £80-£100 on the bay /scrap man, I wasn't brave enough to get a dealer price!, I did wonder I could get away with a spare wheel/tyre and jack from older C1/107, our 108 has 15'' tyres but 107 is 14'', but the jacks looked the same. But it would only be for emergencies/get you home scenario, at low speeds, so thought it be ok. Being bit old skool, I prefer proper wheel and tyre, one reasons got our 107 back in the day and also what happens if the tyre gunk won't work cos the tyre's badly damaged!

Just a thought, why not try your old C1s spare and jack on your new C1 and see if it works and jacking points same? and then you know if it fits/drives ok and then get one from the scrap man? I planned trying this little test on our 107 and 108, but in the end didn't need to fortunately.
The one in my old c1 is a 14' wheel, this one has 15' , I'll probably buy an emergency repair kit off eBay which should be ok

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

danemersuk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:41 pm 

Drives: 2014 Citroen C1 Mk 2
29k seems like a high mileage for a 2 year old car? Did the previous owner live far from work or something?
I thought the average mileage was about 9000 a year, this has done about 15,000!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:49 pm 

Scott C1 wrote:
29k seems like a high mileage for a 2 year old car? Did the previous owner live far from work or something?
I thought the average mileage was about 9000 a year, this has done about 15,000!

I think the car was used as a company car, but to be fair from 2015 in my old c1 I had it when it had 30k and now it's got 70k.

danemersuk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:54 pm 

Oh I see, that would explain it! If it is a company one then you have hit gold, they will have been meticulously looked after as the company can't afford for it to break down
So you put lots if miles on yours as well?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:38 pm 

Scott C1 wrote:
Oh I see, that would explain it! If it is a company one then you have hit gold, they will have been meticulously looked after as the company can't afford for it to break down
So you put lots if miles on yours as well?

I can confirm it was a company car for a pest control company. Yeah I did a lot of driving over the 2 years I owned It, I've travelled to Yorkshire a few times and this year I've gone up 4x as I have family up there, went to Cornwall last year, and my commute to work and back is 26 miles. I put a lot of trust into my old car and it has never let me down.

danemersuk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:30 am 

Pest control, certainly different, wouldn't have thought they would use such a small car
That is a lot of miles! Must cost a fortune in fuel, servicing etc!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:28 pm 

Just had it fully serviced and check over and all is good in terms of tires, brakes, suspension and engine, very happy with it now :)

danemersuk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:15 pm 

After almost 2 months of ownership, this car has been excellent, up in yorkshire this week so had its first long drive with it and achieved an impressive 70mpg with my careful driving. I was following a truck the other day and it flicked up a stone which has chipped the windscreen, right on the edge.

danemersuk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:48 pm 
Area Rep

Drives: Citroën C1
Average mileage these days is 12,500 most manufactures use this number for annual service intervals

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next