Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: My First Car
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:38 pm 

Drives: 2006 C1
Come on Scott you passed your test ages ago now, l'm sure by now you've got the roundabout lanes sorted out.
Yeah l've been reading up, can't have taken all this time to get used to the clutch can it?

Some members have been complaining about low revs but l'm not sure what engines they were.

My girlfriends daughter was moaning at me about how much she hates driving my car, the clutch pedal is so high, it's not for me. Guess l'm used to it now. Tried adjusting it, made no difference, so put it back.

Pig of a job when you have A/C pipes in the way as well.
My clutch has only done 15000 miles approx.
If you wish you try it there are a couple of videos on YouTube and to make it easier, unclip the gear selector cables and bend them slightly out of the way of your arm.

My arm got a bit ripped up and l'm skinny, so have some tissues ready for your tears.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:41 pm 

Drives: 2014 Citroen C1 Mk 2
Haha, I have roundabouts done. Many others on the road don't!
I'm fully alright with the clutch, I just have a habit of just taking my foot of the clutch rather than rising it. Did it when learning as well.
Will see if I can adjust it. Will wait for better weather though [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:32 pm 

Don't adjust it if it doesn't need it, or you might have stress getting first or reverse. In Germany we only indicate on leaving a roundabout, so you sit there like a dick, because you can't be sure, if they are pulling off or not. I normally point with my hand to let drivers know, because l was trained in England :-)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:25 pm 

I already have problems getting into reverse! Need to double de-clutch and even then sometimes it crunches, when it goes in for its MOT next month or October (don't know yet) I will get that checked out.
As for roundabouts, British people just seem to forgot they have indicators when they are on a roundabout! You just have to guess where people are going!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:48 pm 

Drives: was VTR 2009
Scott C1 wrote:
As for roundabouts, British people just seem to forgot they have indicators when they are on a roundabout! You just have to guess where people are going!

This is sooooo true, and over time you might develop a kind-of sixth sense for where some of them are really going.

When I was doing my motorcycle training, nearly 30 years ago (!) we were taught never to expect or believe indicators - that's proved to be good advice that has saved my bacon a few times since.

My C1 pretty much always crunched a little into reverse. In 100000 miles it never got any worse. There's no synchromesh on reverse, so a bit of crunch or resistance is common.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:23 pm 

The only Drivers that do everything right are bug Drivers l think.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:41 pm 

I was in another part of my county today on a two track road, with pavement both sides.
Ahead about half a mile slow moving traffic in front of me a 107 Red naturally.
She could not take the stress and did a U turn, l thought she would reverse, but no up the pavement around a tree, down the kerb and back the other way.

I had the window down bobbing to my Reggae but l had to give her a smile after that little stunt.

If l have a jam l just leave a gap and cruise in
1st. or 2nd. No brakes just cruising the jam soon goes.

You going faster don't fix it anyway just doing in your own clutch or box.

Shame if you're in it every night going home though l guess, but :-) l'm not yippee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:43 pm 

I hopefully do, get beeper at constantly because others have said sense and know where they are going while I don't!
My instructor used to say that all the time, "wait till the wheels have turned" is exactly what she said. Has been beneficial once before
Okay good, was worried I had done something to it!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:44 pm 

brixtonboy wrote:
The only Drivers that do everything right are bug Drivers l think.
Haha, no! I have seen way too many being absolute twats on the road (Me included at times) [WINKING FACE]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:02 pm 

There really is no way for me to do the sort of thing she did, l could have reversed ok no problem.
I would have been copped straight away somehow with my luck. HEADLINES
ENGLISH DRIVER DRIVING ON PAVEMENT
all across the papers.

I needed to buy some yum-Yums Türkis noodles
Lovely job, only got 12 ran outa dosh

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next