Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:05 pm
Posts: 116
Location: Sweden
Drives: 2008 Peugeot 107
NoscopeDog wrote:
Good job Fredrik! Looks very nice


Thanks! :D

_________________
Peugeot 107 Galactic Empire Edition, Volvo XC70 2.5T, BMW 125iC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:05 pm
Posts: 116
Location: Sweden
Drives: 2008 Peugeot 107
Got some more work done today.

Since my dashboard is two toned, black on top and grey beneath i wan't my door cards to be two toned as well.

So… of with the door cards.
Image
Image
Image

Since the outer part is in one piece there was no benefit in separating the two parts, so some masking has to be done.

Image

Two layers of primer and three thin layer of black vinyl paint.

Image

Front passenger door done.

Image

One of the rear doors

Image

So far so good, for now i will let them dry 24 hours before refitting them to the car.

Image

I have not painted the inside door handles since i could not figure out how to get them off in the first place, and i have almost used up all the paint i bought so they will have to be grey for now, if it looks hideous i will have to paint them some other time.

_________________
Peugeot 107 Galactic Empire Edition, Volvo XC70 2.5T, BMW 125iC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:53 pm 
Online
Full Member

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:02 pm
Posts: 650
Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Not seen that done before, good idea as will tie in nicely your gold on black theme when it back on. If you do the handles, could you try doing the pull handle itself gold and rest of it black, now that would look the business, but depends how easy it take off/apart?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:05 pm
Posts: 116
Location: Sweden
Drives: 2008 Peugeot 107
Steve107 wrote:
Not seen that done before, good idea as will tie in nicely your gold on black theme when it back on. If you do the handles, could you try doing the pull handle itself gold and rest of it black, now that would look the business, but depends how easy it take off/apart?


I will keep that suggestion in mind if i decide to paint the handles sometime.

This is the finished result, the painted part is a bit darker than the dashboard but i think it looks ok.

Image
Image
Image
Image

_________________
Peugeot 107 Galactic Empire Edition, Volvo XC70 2.5T, BMW 125iC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:41 pm
Posts: 2
Drives: Citroen c1 -07
Fredrik M wrote:
Steve107 wrote:
Good to hear, is that your car road worthiness inspection? like our yearly UK MOT. To be fair all our cars for last 20 years rust not been a problem, back in the 1980s underseal was an afterthought so rust and welding were common place, but think they dip entire car shell now, so no bodywork rust. Interestingly our 107 has rust on various engine/underbody parts, and that was within 6 months of ownership, but main chassis/floor is still very clean.


Yes it is our MOT test.

We do have a lot of rust still, because in the south of sweden we have problems with ice on the tarmac and the roadholding use salt to get rid of it. So in wintertime we drive in some salty slush who rots our cars away.

But on to something more fun, got my new wheels today and here it is. It was raining today of course so the car could be a lot cleaner and i have to do a proper photoshoot someday.

Image

Image

Image

Very happy with the outcome.
These rims look really great.
I too have bought 15" rims for my C1, abd now in the prep stage to collect the bits and bobs to go along with it. i.e. spigot rings, spacers and etc.

Question for you: Did you have to add spacers? And did you have to add longer lug nuts? If yes what was your setup?
(I know the setup varies according to rim specs, but still i will have some idea)

Thanks,
Ride safe.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:05 pm
Posts: 116
Location: Sweden
Drives: 2008 Peugeot 107
Jrom_24 wrote:
These rims look really great.
I too have bought 15" rims for my C1, abd now in the prep stage to collect the bits and bobs to go along with it. i.e. spigot rings, spacers and etc.

Question for you: Did you have to add spacers? And did you have to add longer lug nuts? If yes what was your setup?
(I know the setup varies according to rim specs, but still i will have some idea)

Thanks,
Ride safe.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk


Thanks!

No spacers (Rims are ET38) and i use the lug bolts that was supplied with the rims, not sure if they are longer than stock or not, most probably they are. I think the easiest way for you to check if you need longer bolts is to take one wheel of, put a bolt trough it's hole and measure how long the bolt sticks out from the rim. Do the same on your alloys and if it differs, get the correct bolts. Also be sure that you have the correct type of bolts, there are two kinds. Spherical and conical, spherical are more common on steel wheels and conical usually is used with alloy rims. So even if the length of the bolt is correct you may have to get new bolts for the alloys anyway.

Using conical bolts/nuts on spherical wheels can result in loose nuts/bolts and may cause your wheels to fall off while driving, so be careful and get the correct bolts. Please ask a wheel shop if you are unsure of what bolts to use.

It is also important not to use too long bolts, since it may trash things behind the brake disc/drum.

_________________
Peugeot 107 Galactic Empire Edition, Volvo XC70 2.5T, BMW 125iC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:05 pm
Posts: 116
Location: Sweden
Drives: 2008 Peugeot 107
Next project!

Bought two of these from the junkyard many years ago and the plan was to use them on my BMW Z3 but it never happened and they where tucked away. So this spring i found them in a box and the cogs in my head started to turn. How about replacing the rear muffler on my 107 with one of these?

Image

BOS Titanium muffler from a Suzuki TL1000, got a custom made connecting pipe made and next step is to measure and cut the stock muffler off.

Image

_________________
Peugeot 107 Galactic Empire Edition, Volvo XC70 2.5T, BMW 125iC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:26 pm
Posts: 1
Drives: Peugeot 107 2012
Jrom_24 wrote:
Fredrik M wrote:
Steve107 wrote:
Good to hear, is that your car road worthiness inspection? like our yearly UK MOT. To be fair all our cars for last 20 years rust not been a problem, back in the 1980s underseal was an afterthought so rust and welding were common place, but think they dip entire car shell now, so no bodywork rust. Interestingly our 107 has rust on various engine/underbody parts, and that was within 6 months of ownership, but main chassis/floor is still very clean.


Yes it is our MOT test.

We do have a lot of rust still, because in the south of sweden we have problems with ice on the tarmac and the roadholding use salt to get rid of it. So in wintertime we drive in some salty slush who rots our cars away.

But on to something more fun, got my new wheels today and here it is. It was raining today of course so the car could be a lot cleaner and i have to do a proper photoshoot someday.

Image

Image

Image

Very happy with the outcome.
These rims look really great.
I too have bought 15" rims for my C1, abd now in the prep stage to collect the bits and bobs to go along with it. i.e. spigot rings, spacers and etc.

Question for you: Did you have to add spacers? And did you have to add longer lug nuts? If yes what was your setup?
(I know the setup varies according to rim specs, but still i will have some idea)

Thanks,
Ride safe.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk[/quote

How much is the clearence from rim to strut now?? in millimeters :-)

i realy want Japan Racing JP 9 rims to my 107, and need to kalkylate what thicknes i need to my spacers, JR9 15" is 7" widh with ET20, and that not gonna fit!
Gonna buy Eibach Pro-Spacer Silver for Toyota Aygo. 5-30 mm !!

http://sv.bsr.se/produkter/vaghallning/ ... /AYGO--B1-


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:05 pm
Posts: 116
Location: Sweden
Drives: 2008 Peugeot 107
Hevil wrote:

How much is the clearence from rim to strut now?? in millimeters :-)


I don't know, haven't measured it.

Hevil wrote:
i realy want Japan Racing JP 9 rims to my 107, and need to kalkylate what thicknes i need to my spacers, JR9 15" is 7" widh with ET20, and that not gonna fit!
Gonna buy Eibach Pro-Spacer Silver for Toyota Aygo. 5-30 mm !!

http://sv.bsr.se/produkter/vaghallning/ ... /AYGO--B1-


I have no spacers on my car, wheels are ET38, adding spacers to a set of ET20 wheels won't do you any good. If ET20 already sits to far out in the wheel well, adding a spacer to that will just push the rim out even more. The lower your ET is the further out the rim sits on the car.

I like this calculator for checking wheel fitment.
https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wheel1=175-50-15X7ET38&wheel2=175-50-15X7ET20&fcl=50mm&wcl=30mm&scl=50mm&sr=0mm

I have pre entered the values my rims have on the rim to the left, the rim to the right is ET20 and as you can see it sits closer to the fender arch.

This C1 has 8x15 wheels
https://www.garaget.org/?car=383742&image=3632295
And i believe they are ET20, since they seems to only be available in ET20.

_________________
Peugeot 107 Galactic Empire Edition, Volvo XC70 2.5T, BMW 125iC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:05 pm
Posts: 116
Location: Sweden
Drives: 2008 Peugeot 107
Had the AC repaired last week, will be nice with cool air when the summer returns. Also did a 40.000 kms service.

Image

_________________
Peugeot 107 Galactic Empire Edition, Volvo XC70 2.5T, BMW 125iC


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group