Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:35 pm 

Drives: 2019 Smart Fortwo
https://youtu.be/1Ujn947mBsE

6-Speed Dual Clutch Automatic
Rear Parking Sensors
White with 15” Alloys

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:51 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Funnily enough I just been to our local Tesco to get weekly bits n bobs, I was not sure whether to go or not although we need milk and bread, but happy to report compared to last week and even the week before that the shelves were pretty well stocked, even had toilet roll and all the shoppers were being sensible and keeping safe distance and they had hand wash on table on way in. So well done Tesco got the job done. My sister even went to her Asda yesterday to get some essentials and same again, it very civilised and she got the things she needed. So hopefully everyone's local shops getting back to normal.

As long as I can get our food and my elderly parents pills, 3 months isolation not an issue for me, hopefully the supermarkets prioritise delivery slots for those who cannot get out, telephoned my elderly neighbour who in that boat and she got Sainsbury's order due, so hopefully things are improving.

Keep safe everyone and look after yourselves.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:54 am 

Drives: C1 2012; 107 2009
The biggest problem has been the very British difficulty of actually running out of TP as you would do normally, then having to go and buy some whilst believing that you are being judged by your fellow shoppers who you imagine are assuming that you are a hoarder. :lol:

My favourite comment by a politician comes from the Premier of Western Australia Mark McGowan. I can't find a YouTube version of the video, so I hope this works:

https://www.facebook.com/9NewsPerth/vid ... 409724710/

In case you can't see/hear it. He says "People are acting like jerks, drongos and bloody idiots out there in our shopping centres and I'd urge them to stop: have respect for each other; stop this panic buying; this violence; this stupidity going on."

It's worth hearing because it sounds great in an Australian accent. I know nothing about his politics generally, but personally I like the idea of a politician speaking so plainly when he needs to get a message across rather than using "safe" language that doesn't really speak directly to people or convey they strength of sentiment that is sometimes necessary to put across.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:29 pm 

Drives: 2020 Aygo x-clusiv
When we shopped in Lidl on Monday they had no TP and the checkout operator said they couldn't get any, so we tried Poundland who had just had a delivery. Bought a pack of 24 for £5 and posted half to stepson in East London who was down to his last roll! He phoned when they arrived on Tuesday and said he had never been so happy to receive TP as a present :lol:

Sadly missed - 2006 Audi RS4 Avant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:47 pm 

Drives: `66 Reggae Rhythm
Nowhere here is tissues or toilet paper to be had. I went out at at 6.50 am the Aldi was empty and Netto also. No 3.5 milk just 1.5 so bought that.
And cream for my tea. Funny like that. Seems people are well stocked up, most shelves are full.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:03 am 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Another funny is I noticed this week petrol is even cheaper than last week when I filled up, probably cheapest it has been for months and we can't go anywhere!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:16 am 

Drives: 2020 Aygo x-clusiv
Steve107 wrote:
Another funny is I noticed this week petrol is even cheaper than last week when I filled up, probably cheapest it has been for months and we can't go anywhere!

Demand for petrol has collapsed so the retailers are trying to get more sales, plus Russia refuses to decrease production of crude oil so there's a world glut which is forcing down prices.

Sadly missed - 2006 Audi RS4 Avant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:30 am 

Drives: 2011 C1 VTR+
Unleaded fell down under £1 per litre in Glasgow...and I'd filled up only days earlier

Merde!

W

Euralight LED DRL