Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Clutch Adjustment
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:06 pm 

Drives: C1
Had a go at adjusting the clutch today. Freeplay at the top of the pedal travel is about 20mm. Does this sound right? The adjustment wheel was really loose so gave it a few turns.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:52 pm 

Drives: 00
why does a new clutch need to be adjusted after 1000miles? it feels so soft with like 10cm of play :(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:05 pm 

Drives: 107 Urban Lite
ibrahim_us wrote:
why does a new clutch need to be adjusted after 1000miles? it feels so soft with like 10cm of play :(

If it's been adjusted correctly when the enw clutch is fitted then it won't need adjusting after a mere 1000 miles, unless youre planning on slipping it big time and burning off a load of material.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:35 pm 

Drives: Peugeot 107
Really need some help....

Iv got a 2007 (57 plate) pug 107, 1.0L Urban - iv just had to replace the release bearing, clutch plate & pressure plate (I think, it came in a kit?) as it was giving out a horrid high pitch squeeling/spinning noise whenever I pressed the clutch down or released it... Now the day after I got my car back iv found the clutch to be very slack, when I touch the clutch pedal it falls to like half way down before I feel it going hard and like in actually on the clutch? Biting point it very low now but I'm more concerned at the fact iv got all this slack free play before I get to the clutch?

Please help? Do I need my cable tightened??

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:37 pm 
Administrator

Drives: Ice cream van
yeah its not been adjusted right, open the bonnet and tighten it up, the biting point is quite high on these cars

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:48 pm 

Oh I see now...

I thought this forum had ended hence why I reported it again in the other one... Sorry again.

Do I tighten it myself or take it back to the garage as only got it back yesterday from them?

Thank you :)

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:00 pm 
Administrator

StephReiid123 wrote:
Oh I see now...

I thought this forum had ended hence why I reported it again in the other one... Sorry again.

Do I tighten it myself or take it back to the garage as only got it back yesterday from them?

Thank you :)

makes no difference, its not hard to do yourself, its just a nob you turn

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:56 pm 

Il give it a try.... Thanks a lot :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:19 am 

Drives: Citroen C1 Splash
Hi there

I am new to this forum and a C1 owner. I bought my car in 2010 and it has only done 12000. It recently underwent its last service and MOT and everything was fine. Then about a month ago I started to have a problem with the clutch. It is not slipping but "catching". This is quite worrying in that when you depress the clutch pedal from start up to put it into first gear, it does not release. I then put it into neutral and a couple of seconds later it releases with a bang as though something is holding it. I only seem to get the problem when starting into 1st gear and very occasionally in the early part of the journey when starting again at junctions. It seems to be worse when stood overnight. I hasten to add that we are retired and only use the car at weekends so when we have made a couple of journeys in the same day, sometimes it does not happen. As I say it is worst when it has stood overnight.

Has anyone else had a problem with a clutch sticking ?

Any advice would be appreciated as we are pensioners so don't want to end up replacing the clutch which I feel does not need replacing at this stage.

TIA ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:37 pm 
Administrator

Might just need some grease in there, such a big job for a little thing though....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next