Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Clutch Adjustment
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:06 pm 

Drives: C1 2006
Does anyone know of a mechanic in London who could give me a decent quote for having the clutch changed?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:56 pm 

Drives: 107 & Zafira B
It’s already been said in this thread, but I thought I’d do a small summary of the clutch adjustment procedure.

So, standing in front of the engine, the gearbox is on the right, between the engine and the accumulator. Looking down, we will see two cables with rubber pipes one them. They are the gear select cables and I pointed them by pink arrows on the photo below. Below the two pink cables, there is another one (pointed by a green arrow), which is the one that we need to adjust. All three cables go towards a metal holder, whose aim is to hold and tighten the cables.
I marked the holder yellow:

The metal holder is clearly visible here. Understandably, it has three holes for the three cables, two pink ones and the green one:

The photo below was taken from the bulkhead side and it shows nicely this plastic adjustment nut. Needless to say, standing in front of the engine, we’ll in no way see it, so we just need to feel it by hand:

And now the adjustment. So we are standing in front of the engine, put the fingers deep towards the cable holder and try to feel the adjustment nut on the clutch cable (the green one) If we turn it clockwise, the pedal height will go down. If we turn it anticlockwise, the pedal height will go up.

My clutch was dead high, so I gave the nut two or three turns clockwise and it’s much better now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:31 am 

Drives: 2012 VTR
Do you work/own a breakers yard by any chance kaliope?.

Image.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:08 pm 

Drives: 107 & Zafira B
no, mate, the picts found at a Polish auction site. In Poland the second-hand part market is abundant, you may find at internet auctions anything you need.

this is just an example of gearboxes for our bugs http://allegro.pl/listing.php/search?st ... gory=50873

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:03 pm 

Drives: Aygo 2008
kaliope wrote:
It’s already been said in this thread, but I thought I’d do a small summary of the clutch adjustment procedure.

So, standing in front of the engine, the gearbox is on the right, between the engine and the accumulator. Looking down, we will see two cables with rubber pipes one them. They are the gear select cables and I pointed them by pink arrows on the photo below. Below the two pink cables, there is another one (pointed by a green arrow), which is the one that we need to adjust. All three cables go towards a metal holder, whose aim is to hold and tighten the cables.
I marked the holder yellow:

The metal holder is clearly visible here. Understandably, it has three holes for the three cables, two pink ones and the green one:

The photo below was taken from the bulkhead side and it shows nicely this plastic adjustment nut. Needless to say, standing in front of the engine, we’ll in no way see it, so we just need to feel it by hand:

And now the adjustment. So we are standing in front of the engine, put the fingers deep towards the cable holder and try to feel the adjustment nut on the clutch cable (the green one) If we turn it clockwise, the pedal height will go down. If we turn it anticlockwise, the pedal height will go up.

My clutch was dead high, so I gave the nut two or three turns clockwise and it’s much better now.

Does this clutch adjustment apply for the Aygo with MMT (semiauto) gear box when the gear does not bite and the car hesitates too often?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:53 am 

Drives: 2008 Citroen c1 vibe
Nooooooooo, my c1 2008 vibe is sick!!!

When clutch pedal is pressed down I have an almighty rattling sound :( it's been adjusted previously too. Looks like a new clutch is on the cards. So peeps I need a cheap but reliable mechanic to make my roller skate feel better.

I live in the Rochester, Kent area....I really want to give mr clutch a miss and get a new clutch from the bug store but I need a "man that can"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:05 am 
Administrator

Drives: Ice cream van
Cafc1ormy wrote:

When clutch pedal is pressed down I have an almighty rattling sound :( it's been adjusted previously too. Looks like a new clutch is on the cards. So peeps I need a cheap but reliable mechanic to make my roller skate feel better.

I live in the Rochester, Kent area....I really want to give mr clutch a miss and get a new clutch from the bug store but I need a "man that can"

There's a guide in the full members area on how to change the clutch

Post subject: Clutch Adjustment
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:32 am 
Tech Guru

Drives: 2014 C1 Air
Cafc1ormy wrote:

That's the end of the release bearing then.....

Find a decent independent garage. Ask about. Many garages don't like fitting parts supplied by the customer though (you wouldn't walk in to a restaurant with a raw steak and ask they cook it for you) but a decent independent garage will use good parts, and offer warranty on their work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:59 am 

Drives: C1 VTR
How do you measure the free play?
Is it from 'fully depressed' to 'starting to bite'
(Haven't driven a cable operated clutch for years)

My Floor Sound Proofing Guide - Click Me

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:18 pm 

Drives: C1
Hi There,

Just started driving my girlfriends car to Chester every day from Manchester, and I've notived that there is a faint rattling sound when the clutch pedal is depressed entirely.

Money is fairly tight at the minute, so preferably I'd not want to do such an expensive repair right away, but I'm concious of the implications of not having a clutch.

The car doesnt slip gear at all currently, but just out of interest could this screw help alleviate the problems, or not a chance?

Also, if we're just hearing teh noise now around 40k have we got a little time left before it dies?

Side note - 1st and 2nd catch a little when engaging. Again, if this is something I could make better in the meanwhile, all the better.

Cheers!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next