Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Clutch Adjustment
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:04 pm 

Drives: Aygo+
thanks to the info on this thread i managed to adjust the free play slack on mine. its easy to do and reach since i dont have air con. i can imagine how bad it would be for air con guys to do. gone from 5cm free play to 2.5cm free play. much better feel on the pedal. hopefully this allows more clutch disengagement since sometime my clutch would drag a bit making it hard to get 1st and reverse with the engine running.

Post subject: Re: Clutch Adjustment
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:08 pm 

Drives: Peugeot 108
Hi all, thanks for the info on this post, helped enormously to adjust the clutch on a Peugeot 108 that had a really high biting point, however, I hit a couple of problems that I thought I'd share.

Our 108 has aircon, and I was trying to adjust the black plastic nut as described earlier in the post, but, I could barely reach it, let alone get any grip on it. The solution was to remove the battery, then remove the battery tray. (4 bolts, 1 at front of battery, 2 underneath battery and 1 at top left, bolting it to fusebox) The battery tray is attached to the fuse box by a bolt and a couple of clips, but, removing the bolt on top right of the fusebox makes it far easier to unclip the tray. The battery tray just pulls out, and you then have far easier access to the adjustment nut.

When I tried to turn the nut, like other people, I had problems, and it wouldn't budge. I read the posts on the nut having a locating pin, and found that this indeed was where I was going wrong, however, I still couldn't get enough grip on the nut, and it needed to be pulled away from the pin, i.e. away from me.

The solution - a small electrical screwdriver pushed between the nut and the cable mount, just enough to move it a couple of mm, then the nut turned freely. You have enough room to get two hands in if you remove the battery tray, one to insert the screwdriver and lift the nut slightly, and the other to turn the nut.

I had to connect the battery a couple of times after experimenting with the adjustment to check the biting point, but in all, took about an hour, and well worth the effort.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10