Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:23 pm 

Drives: C1 1.4 HDI RHYTHM 5D
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews ... en_c1.html Impressive new models like the VW up! have jolted rival city car makers into action. Citroen has refreshed the C1 and slashed its price in an effort to stay competitive.

The revised car’s starting price is a familiar £7,995 – exactly the same as the up!’s – and it has been given a new front end with a redesigned grille and a pair of stylish LED daytime running lights.

Improvements to the interior reflect Citroen’s push upmarket and include better trim quality, a leather steering wheel and gearstick gaiter, plus optional leather/Alcantara upholstery that was fitted to our car.

Tweaks to the 1.0-litre three-cylinder engine mean power remains at 67bhp, but CO2 emissions drop from 103g/km to 99g/km in five-speed manual cars. Performance is good: the C1 can cover 0-62mph in 12.3 seconds – almost a
second quicker than the fastest up! – but it doesn’t encourage you to use lots of revs like the VW does.

The up! has set a very high new benchmark for city car refinement, and unfortunately the C1 doesn’t compare well. You’ll hear plenty of wind and road noise in the compact cabin.

On the plus side, the suspension is supple and tweaked shock absorbers make the ride perfect for tackling potholed city streets. The downside is that it’s not the most agile car, but it’s still fun to drive thanks to quick and responsive steering.

This range-topping C1 costs £10,000 – exactly the same as the well equipped Hyundai i10 or more capable High up!. It’s still a great city car in its own right, but newer and better-value rivals are starting to diminish its appeal.

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews ... z1oXhGTyV1

I think it looks fantastic. I love the new materials inside. But I've said to the Missus, We're going to wait for the all new model in 2014. It'll be slightly bigger like the UP! and perfect for those families with 2 growing kids like us who buck the trend by not owning big family cars and getting by with city cars like the C1. Those extra mm wouldn't be a negative for us.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:19 am 

Drives: White 3d C1 Splash
Just read the Autocar brief test on C1 & they bagged it and concluded that it is now outdated compared to recent offerings elsewhere(up/picanto/twingo). As I drove new aygo and recognised the improvements made towards a more comfortable ride, slightly less intrusion into the cabine and best of all the new gearchange is more precise and has slightly shorter throws. C1 can still hold its head high however its reported becauce its still the most fun and has character that is missing from other cars in its class and with Toyota reputation for build/reliability not to mention its still the best looking. Sales will suffer compared to Up(many would one just because its a VW) but the upside is later great offers so its worth holding off on trading in your present cars for the 2012 model. Of you can also choose to throw money at your present cars to make them even better...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:49 am 

Drives: PEUGEOT SPORTIUM
got paddle shift on auto too i think?

(MORE DOORS/MORE WHORES).
Haynes 2012------Attendee
Loads Of Mods
le bien 13------attendee
prior Area Rep---Midlands.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:56 pm 

Drives: The king of bugs
How long before the new gearlever and wheel are in the shop ?