Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:06 pm 

Drives: Aygo 2010
:D Progress!

I managed to get a later remote from eBay with the V1.3 chip and it worked first time. Looking more closely at my original remote I believe that is V1.3 as well (so i mis-read it as 1.5).

Many thanks to all that contributed to this thread as it has saved me a packet with the main dealer.

Does anyone know if the non-remote key can be dismantled to remove the blade and transponder to fit into a remote fob case?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:21 pm 

Drives: Peugeot 107
aygo&rav wrote:
Does anyone know if the non-remote key can be dismantled to remove the blade and transponder to fit into a remote fob case?

I had a non-remote key that came with the car. I don't know whether it was an original, but that easily came apart and the blade came out and fit into a replacement. I also got a non-remote key copied at Timpsons which was molded and had a transponder plugged into it. I dissected that with a red hot knife and extracted the blade. It had a hole in it that fitted the standard remote too.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:38 pm 

Drives: C1, 107
p107 wrote:
Well, I've got about 10 spares and I've tested them all working on my 107. PM me if you want to take one off my hands. I was thinking of putting up the ones I don't need on ebay.

I haven't seen a 1.5 chip. All I can say is the way to tell if it's for the 107/aygo/c1 is if it transmits for 165ms, and the way to tell that is to use an rtl-sdr. There are other more complicated ways to figure it out and they're down to decoding the transmission.

You have PM.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:00 pm 

To answer the question at the top of the thread:

I can confirm that Techstream does indeed allow you to programme new Transponder chips.

Tested with a 2010 Aygo 1.0 using a new ID70 (B3) Transponder chip.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:31 pm 

Presumably you needed the PIN code for the car to do this?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:28 pm 

Pin code not required. Techstream authenticates you as a valid user of the car via possession of a working key.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:31 am 

Drives: 2008 Citroen C1 Code
aygo&rav wrote:
Pin code not required. Techstream authenticates you as a valid user of the car via possession of a working key.

Is full Techstream required or is Techstream Lite also capable of key programming?

Sadly missed - 2006 Audi RS4 Avant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:04 pm 

Drives: Toyota Agyo 2006
I have found this thread very useful having just added/programmed 1 further remote key for my wifes 2006 toyota aygo.

Agyo remote key cut at Timpsons (£15). Of note my local Timpsons won't cut a key blank if you didn't buy it from them

Ebay
1x Immobiliser chip (ID70) (£5) as i didn't want to cut up the non remote key.
1x PEUGEOT / CITROEN 2 BUTTON REMOTE PCB BOARD 73373067D - C066. (£17) From visually looking at the ones on ebay the C coded boards were visually the same as my original and had similar dated chip sets. This programmed first time following the sequence in the original post to open/close doors.
1x tech stream cable and software (£18) in conjunction with an old XP laptop. This software is very easy to use and there are a number of guides on youtube for lexus/toyota key immobiliser programming. The whole process only took 5 mins.

As a side note I had attempted to add keys with an expensive autel diagnostic tablet, this wiped the second key off the system but would not add the keys back onto the immobiliser to start the car. While you could possibly do things cheaper if you use the immobiliser out of the original key i think £55 all in is not to bad and is significantly cheaper than i was offered by local locksmiths who wanted over £100.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:24 pm 

Drives: 107 Allure '63
To add to this thread I have just added a new key to my 2013 107. Car came with only a single key after recently purchasing.

Similar story to mountainman999, bought a new key from Keymoon cut from a photo for ~£10, they kindly also provided the key code for next time. Good quality, unbranded key.

For the immobiliser I sourced an ID70 chip on eBay for ~£5 and a Toyota Techsteam diag connector from Amazon fo ~£20 - Techstream sees the 107 as an Aygo without any issues. I have Techstream installed on a Windows7 Virtual Machine.

With the old key, new key and Techstream I cleared all previous immobiliser keys (except for the old key in the ignition) and added the new key. To make the changes to the immobiliser took 10mins.

In summary, a new key can be added for £15, with a one off cost of £20 if you do not have access to Techstream. Somewhat cheaper than the £120 I was quoted locally and useful to have Techstream diagnostics on hand.

Next stage is adding the remote...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:35 pm 

With the Techstream, do you actually need a brand new transponder chip, or can you reuse one from an old key?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next