Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: wet carpet
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:27 am 

this is our second c1 and the first leaked water from drivers door down into rear footwell, we put up with it as didn't plan on keeping car long as we wanted a better spec car with leci window central locking etc.
bought another and low and behold it does the same, this time a new dealership has opened near us run by Pentagon - they looked at the problem and found that there was a modification available for the door seal so they added a new strip at the top inner part of the cars door frame which has cured the problem under warranty.
they also managed to fit a cd rack correctly that the dealership which supplied the car failed to do BCC in Bury Lancashire. BCC couldn't resolve any of the problems even after 6 weeks of back and forth for repairs / adjustments.
Pentagon also cured electric windows as glass kept coming off the runners when rising up,again they said they knew of a modification which cured problem under warranty.
i hope they are as successful with the slipping clutch which appear to be a common fault?
hope this info is of help if you have any similar problems?
i will update site on results of slipping clutch with warranty work!

Post subject: Re: wet carpet
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:13 pm 

Drives: 2011 C1 VTR+ 1.0
Sounds like you've been a bit unlucky wrt leaks! I know some people had problems with leaking boots, wasn't aware of footwells.

Earlier models were fitted with lower spec clutches and quite a number gave worn out at low mileages (mine at 45k I think). I don't think many people managed to get them changed under warranty though; if I recall I paid around £400 for a new one (main dealer). New ones are Yaris spec. Lots on clutches in technical section of forum. If youve only just got the car from dealer and clutch is slipping you may be able to get then to sort it.

I'm assuming the car is used rather than new?

'56 C1 Rhythm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:26 pm 

Drives: 107 Urban Lite
The warranty extra seal is a bodge inherited from Toyota. A new door weatherstrip, properly fitted, is all it takes.

Do a search for my list of leaks and cures.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:56 pm 

I bought a citroen c1 cool in May,three years old ,im experiencing wet carpet underneath the drivers seat and behind, the sides of the carpet dont appear wet so was wondering could it be coming in from underneath,it has five doors was slightly wet behind passenger seat quite bad behind drivers seat got it booked in at the dealership where the car was bought on thursday.