Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users please type the text from the Captcha Box as it is written.

It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 2005 c1 heater resistor
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:31 pm 

Drives: c1 2005 vibe
Hi, My wife's blower on her 2005 c1 vibe ,only worked on position 4 for the last few weeks, I knew the problem,either the resistor or wiring loom. or both.. Had same issue on my scenic, with climate control..big job of stripping out dash replacing resistor so knew what to expect...
Well I did the job in 30 mins..very very easy...will post pictures when I put new resistor back in...(£6.50 off ebay !!)..its a vauxhall one. looks identical so will let you know if it works !!

here's how I stripped dash to get resistor out..

1 removed both fascia speaker covers, two bolts holding each speaker unit in, then unplug wiring

2 one bolt holding dash onto bulkhead under where speakers where at each side remove them

3 pull blower control knob off, one screw under that, unscrew that

4 carefully prise and pull radio fascia assembly housing out towards you,(the whole housing comes out complete with radio) then unplug radio connections and wiring to the rear demist, hazard light,switches ect

5 you will see 2 screws on top of fascia where radio fascia assembly was, remove them

6 remove bash bezel around speedo, simply remove two screws visible when you turn steering wheel 90 deg side to side and bezel lifts off, no rev counter on ours.. so a bit more tricky if u have one fitted

7 passenger side glove box there is a flap in the upper panel, pop it open and you will see a bolt and the plug for the passenger airbag remove bolt and wiring plug

8 lastly remove both window frame side panels (gives you more room to lift dash out) simply pull and pop out, i pulled door seals off near door frame too help the panels pop out easier

9 its just a case of slowly lifting the dash up until it releases from its retaining clips,and pull the lot out of the car..

you can clearly see the heater resister and loom then for inspection and removal..

it literally took me 30 mins to do this maximum, even quicker to put it all back together until I get the new resistor

so basically this job has cost an hour of my time and the cost of the resister

Will let you know how things go and get pics up as soon as i get around to fitting new parts

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:44 pm 

Drives: 107 & Zafira B
I've prerpared a how-to replace the heater resistor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf8za2EtkBw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:13 am 

good link..yep that about sums it up..will let you all know if the resistor works ok. And send you the item number off ebay.. remember only £6.50 new and posted to door..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:10 am 

heres the ebay item number 391169116650 for the resister ,was identical to my original and only £6.50, and working well so far

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:57 pm 
Club Founder

Drives: Was C1 1.0 2005
Signum part, interesting.

The NEW improved CityBugStore! - For all your C1, 107, 108 and Aygo needs. Support the club! Club Members Discount, enter code C1OC at checkout

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:33 pm 

Roc wrote:
Signum part, interesting.

yep and a week down the line still working good !!!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:08 am 

Drives: C1 2013
Bumping old thread here, sorry.

My heater is "stuck on minimum" level - not maximum. That is, very little air blows out of the fan-vents, no matter what setting, however when i turn on the AC (setting 1-4), i can clearly feel it getting colder (by holding the hand on the vent - and warmer if I turn up the heat). However, the airspeed is also is what i recall to be below "level 1", however I can't quite recall - but I recollect that there was always a little air getting through even though the setting was on OFF.

Could this be related to the resistor as well?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 9:58 pm 
Club Founder

Drives: Was C1 1.0 2005
http://www.c1store.co.uk/store/product_ ... ts_id/3266

The proper, OEM component, can be bought here.

The NEW improved CityBugStore! - For all your C1, 107, 108 and Aygo needs. Support the club! Club Members Discount, enter code C1OC at checkout