Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:30 am 

Drives: Peugeot 107
Herco M. wrote:
Hello, I also have a non working EBay remote for my 2013 107. It also has the wrong chip.

I’m going to try to replace the chip with the right one. Would that work?

If you have the right chip, do you not also have the right PCB? I think it's very likely that you could desolder a chip with the right firmware from one PCB and transplant to another as the pinouts are all the same.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:35 pm 

Drives: Tbc Aygo 2012
Afternoon all, we’re on the verge of buying a 2012 Aygo. However this only has the single non-remote key present.

Could anyone advise if the remote key can be programmed from a non-remote key?

If so, would it be a diy process and what would I need to buy? I’ve read through the thread with regards some types/codes of transponder not working so any further clarity (in layman’s terms) would be much appreciated !

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:49 pm 

Drives: Aygo 2014
Very useful comments from all guys. Thank you for all your effort and support. This specific subject is very interesting.
I bought an Aygo last year (mk1 14 plate) and it came with only one key too. I was searching on the internet for a 2nd key with remote features on the key. Finally, I found something with a potential. I received a cut key with PCB number 00803v1.1. Of course the photo cut key didn't go very well and the key is not turning the engine on. So I tried by opening the original key-fob just to change the key blade and to programme it. I didn't work either, possible because of the wrong PCB.
Now back again to search a different PCB :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:20 pm 

Drives: C1 Code (2008)
Hi guys,

Going to try this tonight/tomorrow.

When it says 'Switch the ignition on' does that mean two clicks until the instrument panel comes to life, or fully until the engine starts?

Thanks!

JB1968 wrote:
Aygo MK1 2005-2014 (& 107 & C1) Remote Programming Procedure {JB}

Prior conditions: Ignition switch is in “OFF” position and driver's door open.
This procedure must be carried out within 2 min, 40secs after turning ignition OFF.

1. Switch the ignition on and then off.
2. Close the driver's door and open it twice (or press and release the door light switch twice)
3. Switch the ignition on and then off
4. Close the driver's door and open it twice (or press and release the door light switch twice)
5. Close the driver's door
6. Lock the car using the driver's door locking button
7. Carry out ONE of these options:
1. Switch the ignition on and then off one {JB}to add new remotes (existing remotes will be retained) OR
2. Switch the ignition on and then off twice to delete current and add new remotes (only deletes remotes if a remote is added) OR
3. Switch the ignition on and then off three times to check the number of remotes programmed (doors lock an unlock once for each remote programmed).
{JB}N.B. For the third option in step 7, the door will lock and un-lock once for each remote programmed. Once complete, proceed to step 13. No remotes can be added with this option. To add remotes, repeat the procedure and carry out option 1 or 2 in step 7 i.e. steps 10 to 12 do not apply if checking the number of remotes programmed.

8. Unlock the driver's door with the locking button
9. The doors will lock and unlock once (for option 1) or twice (for option2) for confirmation (depending on the number of ignition key cycles in option 7).
10. After the confirmation signal press a button on each of the transmitters to be programmed twice, then on all of the transmitters to be programmed.
11. The doors will lock and unlock for {JB}confirmation
12. Repeat step 10 for each remote to be programmed. If option 2 was carried out in step7, then this will need to be carried out on the original remote(s), as all of the original remotes will have been erased from the system – useful if you lose a remote.
13. Cycle the ignition once (or wait for over 2m 40s) to complete the prodcedure and return to normal operation.
Remote PCB number: 73373067D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:35 pm 

Drives: 2008 Citroen C1 Code
tomhayes wrote:
When it says 'Switch the ignition on' does that mean two clicks until the instrument panel comes to life, or fully until the engine starts?

Just 2 clicks, no need to start the engine.

Sadly missed - 2006 Audi RS4 Avant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:07 pm 

Thanks PetrolDave.

I can get my car to acknowledge programming mode (one up, one down) to add a remote but my 73373067D fob isn't recognised at step 10 & 11.

I've checked the CR2016 battery and it's at 2.7V which should be fine. Is there an LED on the fob PCB to indicate transmission?

Also, some pictures I've seen have the CR2016 battery with the positive flat side against the PCB and some with it up against the holder. Can you help a guy out with the usual orientation?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:45 pm 

Drives: 2008 Citroen C1 Code
2.7V is a bit low for a new CR2016.

Take a look at the tabs that connect to the battery - one on the outside and one in the middle, place the battery so the one in the middle connects to the centre tab of the battery not the outer part.

Sadly missed - 2006 Audi RS4 Avant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:30 pm 

You are a font of information.

I have to pop to Halfords tomorrow so I'll grab some new CR2016s

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:03 pm 

Ah well, think I must have a duff 73373067D PCB.

Replaced the battery, tried both ways up.

Can get the C1 into programming mode (where the locks pop up and down) but it just won't register the new remote.

Shall see if I can get a refund.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:10 pm 

Drives: Peugeot 107
[It's not the PCB that matters. It's the actual chip on it. See info further up thread.